1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand squad flights

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rmueller, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmueller

rmueller Member

Is there any information anywhere that shows squad, bank, flight for the prelim Grand events. Trying to plan arrival time

ron

2. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

If you pre squadded using RJ Stuart, you should have your printout by now thru email.

blade819

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Squad and bank number are the same for the first flight of singles and handicap, regardless of whether the bank is used or not.

Subsequent squads go by 27s (squad number +27).

Doubles squads are done similarly, except they go by 54s, and the first 27 squads start on the A trap of the bank and the second 27 squads start on the C trap of the bank. For example, squad 1 will start on 1A for doubles, and squad 28 will start on 1C.

v10_2008_030337.jpg

A sheet similar to the above is available at the Service counter in the Event Center.

Generally, there's no "fooling around" at the Grand. Squads move swiftly. Each starting bank shows the number of the squad shooting on the back of the scorers chair. Although the numbers are a lot larger now than the first year, if you have a pair of binoculars, take them. That way if you aren't parked directly behind your starting trap, you'll still be able to check the "squad shooting" number.

4. rmueller

rmueller Member

Thanks Scott...hey, the pins arrived today. I can't thank you enough. If we get a chance to meet, I'd be happy to buy you a beer.

We will be at the Grand for 8/9, 8/10; too much going on at work to spend the week.

ron mueller

5. rmueller

rmueller Member

What does the S/H and D column represent?

6. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Great to hear it, Ron.

I gave you a few extras, just in case.

7. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Ron,

S/H = Singles-Handicap.
    D = Doubles.

Release Trigger...........Downunder.

8. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Here's the video I shot last year at the Grand.

This will give all the new Grand shooters a little idea of what the place looks like.

This starts off at trap 27D and ends at 5A.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hCMOwpncIZ8?hl=en&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Ron,

As RT mentioned, those columns are my estimated start intervals for Singles/Handicap and Doubles.

I estimate that a singles or handicap squad will take 12 minutes (0.2 hour) to shoot a round, so flight two will go out .2 hr after the start of the event. Flight three goes out .4 hr after the start, and so on.

Doubles is the same way, but I use 15 minutes (.25 hr) per squad.

They are aggressive and of course assume there are no holes and all squads are close to full, but it should give you a rough estimate of when you need to be ready.

I usually just park near my starting trap and stay there, but it still gives you an idea when you'll probably be up.

10. rmueller

rmueller Member

Scott,

Nice video, I had to go back and forth around 4:50 or so, I caught a glimpse of a black Chevy Avalanche. Thought you might have caught us on the video.

12mins is about right. I usually figure 30 mins per 50, and arrive at least an hour early. Plenty of time to settle in watch the birds fly and get the eyes focused at the distance.

Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.