1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand shooting requirements

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by scott k, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott k

scott k TS Member

What are the Grand requirements for 2010, and this year for targets?
    I have 700 registered targets from 2010, will I have to shoot pentalty if I shoot at the Grand this year?
    Thanks,
    Scott

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Yep you need 1000 singles 1000 handicap and 1000 doubles to avoid penality. It needs to be for 2011 season though. 2010 targets were for last year.

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Actually, the target count starts from the end of the last Grand American. So targets shot after August 14, 2010 count toward the total.

From the 2010 Grand American program:

"1) Shooters who do not have a total of 1000 16 yard targets registered beginning the first day after the last day of previous Grand American World Championships through the last day of preliminary week of the current Grand American Championships will be advanced (1) class or more at the discretion of the CHC. Shooters with less than 500 registered single targets will be placed in Class B or higher at the discretion of the CHC.

2) No, participant shall be classified to shoot Handicap events at less than 25 yards unless they have a minimum of 1000 registered Handicap targets in the current year. The 1000 handicap targets must have been registered beginning the first day after the last day of previous Grand American World Championships through the first day of preliminary week of the current Grand American Championships. However, participants who fail to meet Grand American Handicap qualification as described above shall have the choice of shooting targets only from their assigned yardage provided they waive and forfeit all rights to ATA Trophies, options, purses and added Money.

3) Handicap target requirements will be waived for Senior Veterans, making them eligible for trophies and monies. They may declare 25 yards to assure their eligibility for all events.

4) Shooters who do not have a total of 1000 doubles targets registered beginning the first day after the last day of previous Grand American Championships through the last day of preliminary week of the current Grand American Championships will be advanced (1) class or more at the discretion of the CHC. Shooters with less than 500 registered doubles targets will be placed in Class B or higher at the discretion of the CHC."

4. grntitan

In the rule book it states Sept 1 of the previous year. Thats why i said that.

Section XI

GRAND AND ALL AMERICAN QUALIFICATION

A.
    GRAND AMERICAN QUALIFICATION

No participant shall be classified to shoot Handicap events at less than 25.0 yards unless he/she has a minimum of 1000 registered Handicap targets in the current year. The 1000 handicap targets must have been registered since September 1 of the previous year and not later than the day preceding the first day of the Grand American World Trapshooting Championships. However, participants who fail to meet Grand American Handicap qualification as described above shall have the choice of shooting targets only from their assigned yardage provided they waive and forfeit all rights to trophies, options, purses, and added money. Handicap target requirements are waived for Senior Veterans, making them eligible for trophies and monies.

Shooters who do not have a total of 1000 16 yard targets registered beginning since September 1, of the previous year and not later than the day preceding the first day of the Grand American World Trapshooting Championship will be advanced (1) class or more at the discretion of the Handicap Committee. Shooters with less than 500 registered single targets will be placed in class B or higher at the discretion of the Handicap Committee.

Shooters who do not have a total of 1000 double targets registered beginning since September 1, of the previous year and not later than the day preceding the first day of Grand American World Trapshooting Championships will be advanced (1) class or more at the discretion of the Handicap Committee. Shooters with less than 500 registered double targets will be placed in class B or higher at the discretion of the handicap committee.

5. scott k

scott k TS Member

so i don't need any 2010 targets?

6. grntitan

No. You need 2011 targets. 1000 each To avoid being penalized. Of course you can still shoot the Grand if you had none but you would be penalized.

7. scott k

scott k TS Member

thanks

8. grntitan

Hope you can make it. I always have a good time. Nothing better than 100,000+ people there at once. LOL That was a joke that some will understand.

Matt

9. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

The 2011 shooting year began 1 Sep 2010. All registered targets shot from that date forward count to the total requirement. Jake

10. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly the requirements were post differently in last years Grand Program. To allow everyone every chance to get their target due to the $100,000 purse. This year the purse is more money.

"1) Shooters who do not have a total of 1000 16 yard targets registered beginning the first day after the last day of previous Grand American World Championships through the last day of preliminary week of the current Grand American Championships will be advanced (1) class or more at the discretion of the CHC. Shooters with less than 500 registered single targets will be placed in Class B or higher at the discretion of the CHC.

2) No, participant shall be classified to shoot Handicap events at less than 25 yards unless they have a minimum of 1000 registered Handicap targets in the current year. The 1000 handicap targets must have been registered beginning the first day after the last day of previous Grand American World Championships through the first day of preliminary week of the current Grand American Championships. However, participants who fail to meet Grand American Handicap qualification as described above shall have the choice of shooting targets only from their assigned yardage provided they waive and forfeit all rights to ATA Trophies, options, purses and added Money.'

Maybe this question may not be answered until this years Grand Program is posted. I also think this is why Scott posted as he did. Maybe he knows something the rest of us don't.

Bob Lawless

11. QuillDesign

QuillDesign Member

So, my son who started with the ATA in Feb 2011 has 400 registered targets so far .. if he does 6 more 100 target events (singles 16 Total 1000) between now and the Grand, he will not be penalized @ the Grand -- am I correct?

12. Shawn

Shawn Member

417Trap

That is correct.

Shawn

13. grntitan

Mr. Hoover(V10) and i have spoke via PM. He is a delegate as many here know. He is going to check into this subject further as we actually don't know which info trumps which. He stated one would think the Rule book would be the rule to follow but then they printed that in the Grand book for one reason or another. Kinda interesting that they added a little more time to get your targets according to the Grand book. I actually don't think the minimum requirements are that hard to achieve but thats me. I mean is a 1000 each in a year that much? 10 shoots in 52 weeks. Anyway, he will let us know what he finds out and then we can argue its merit as we always do. :)

Matt

14. 870

870 Well-Known Member

grntitan:

It will be Sept 1st as in the rule book. Last year's Grand program was a special situation because of the change in the target year that occurred the year before.

15. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The language I posted was also in the 2009 Grand program. Which is Grand that had to accommodate the year change.

It looks like the 2010 program wasn't edited correctly.

16. 870

870 Well-Known Member

V10:

I think you're right on the misprint. I'm certain the wording questioned above is a result of the target year change, but you are correct, that would have been the 2009 Grand affected. MUst have been a carryover in the program that slipped through.

For 2011, it will be from 9/1/10 when it is settled.

17. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

I've just been informed that the 2011 Grand program has the same language as the Rule Book, i.e., targets are counted from September 1. So, crisis averted.

18. grntitan

V10--Thanks for checking on that. I don't think it was a crisis though. LOL

19. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

C'mon Matt. I've been posting on TSC for more than a decade. I know a crisis when I see one. ;)

20. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

This is the reason for my response as stated is above please notice Neil comment about the program for this year.

Bob Lawless

http://www.trapshooters.com/noframes/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=223373

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

grand american target requriments

target requirements for the grand america trap shoot