1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Schedule??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Frank C, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

In looking at the Grand Schedule I see that the Grand, once again, to the dismay of many that cannot get off of work for multiple days, will be shot on Friday, with the Dubs and Parliament coach on Saturday! Didn't I see on TS.com after the Grand last yr. that people complained about the Grand being shot during the week?? I guess they didn't complain at the correct venue....

2. RLSS

RLSS TS Member

Frank,

I guess that would make you one of the complainers? And yes, you are correct, TS.com is hardly the place to complain about ATA strategy. Totally a lost cause. But guess what, there are established routes to voice your opinion.

But, at least you are learning!!!

RLSS

3. rocky2

rocky2 TS Member

I for one like the return of the GAH to Friday. If the GAH isn't important enough to take a day of vacation to shoot then you just don't care enough about the biggest event in the ATA calendar. rocky

4. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

"the biggest event in the ATA calendar" I question that, it depends on where you live. I personnally think the Inland Empire is more important. Oregon Richard

5. Frank C

Hey RLSS, Too bad you make such assumptions.....I am only making observations of FACT, from what I read HERE last year when the discussion was the lack of one day Grand shooter/commuters. shall I unhook you now, you can probably shake yourself off, I used a barbless hook.

I guess you are one of the paranoid that see Sparta complainers at every turn. personally, I like the idea of Friday for the Grand so I can travel home on Sat.
    Chill out, get some therapy...lol

6. rocky2

rocky2 TS Member

BLKLAB, more important to you, ok, but I said the biggest event in the ATA calendar. What EVENT in the Inland Empire (is that an ATA event?) is bigger, read that better attended? rocky

7. Frank C

Tal/Il......exactly...I find it difficult to believe that more people will shoot the Grand on Friday than if it was on Saturday, I guess it was a good idea to extend the whole event till Saturday, but IMO the Grand should have been the LAST event on Sat. Maybe next year....

8. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Thank you rocky2, that is exactly my point. FYI The Inland Empire is a well attended ATA event in the North West (Gods Country). RG

9. rocky2

rocky2 TS Member

BLKLAB, what point was that? Was it that it is more important to you? What does well attended mean? Would that be thousands of entrants like the GAH has?
    TAL/IL, I think that shooters who have a 2 day travel would rather have the Grand on the Friday so they can return home and get back to work on Monday since that group of shooters isn't likely to attend for a one day shoot they are likely there on Friday and have used vacation time if they are working members. Perhaps now that the Grand is held in IL there aren't as many long distance travelers, I don't know, but when it was in Vandalia I appreciated the two day weekend to get home and if I get to attend this year I will again be happy to have that second weekend day to travel. rocky

10. rocky2

rocky2 TS Member

TAL/IL, when I started attending the Grand in 1989 the GAH was always on Friday with the Vandalia Handicap and a Doubles event on Saturday. SometimE later, I think late 90's,it was switched to Saturday to pump up the attendance for the last day. I believe it did with more local shooters attending but I and many others missed the GAH from then on because it meant carrying over another day of vacation for travel after taking 2 weeks to attend in the first place. Selfishly perhaps, I like it on Friday. rocky

11. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

If memory serves me correctly the Grand was moved to Friday as the final day. Reason it allowed many to travel. I was at the 2006 Grand and I left the grounds about 5:00 p.m. There were very few RV's that did leave prior to that time. In other words the ATA moved the Grand up one day to allow for additional travel time. That was not the case. In past years with the Grand ending on Saturday, by 5:00 P.M. the RV grounds were almost totally vacated.

I like the idea of the Grand ending on Saturday. But I truly believe the best
    schedule was as it has been the past 10 years or so. Friday prelim and Saturday the Grand Handicap. But then who am I so say. - Jim

12. Frank C

By noontime last year on Friday, the place was a ghost town....the shops were closing up the day before

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.