1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand RCBS Reloader... any comments?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by deadeyedukewannabe, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadeyedukewannabe

deadeyedukewannabe TS Member

WTB Grand RCBS Reloader... any comments?

I'm heavily involved in Shooting Sports within the 4-H program. We are looking to invest in one of the RCBS Grand Reloaders, we haven't heard any problems or complaints, wondered if any of you have. If someone has a used one that they would be willing to sell reasonable, please let us know.

If you have any comments, we would be greatful.
    Thank you,

deadeyedukewannabe

Amy

2. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

AMY ,

Fred has summerized the "story" very well . One thing that I might suggest is the addition of a "flare" to expand the mouth of hulls at the re-prime or powder drop station . At Sta3 and 4 , the tubes can sometimes snag on hulls that are not opened very well . So if you incurr snags at the powder drop (Sta3) put the flare at Sta2 -- yadayada for Sta3 .

That's it ! ! Except that I made a "2-by" frame so that I can stand or sit at a bar-stool while reloading .

Charlie

3. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I have one and gave up on it and went back to Mec Grabber.
    I recommend MEC.
    We each have a view point.

Joe Woods/Ontario

4. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

I've got two and I will sell you both for what you can buy one new one for!
    Customer service SUCKS as does the machine! Both only have about 1000 rounds loaded thru. I gave up on RCBS and bought a Sploar Gold, the best move I've ever made!
    Rooferbob!

5. 101Diamond

101Diamond TS Member

Have loaded many, many, thousands on this machine and would not change for any other loader. Got one of the 1st ones and after growing pains and updates this is one solid machine. Customer service is like no other. I'll stick to mine.

6. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

joe and bob ,

Make the lady an offer ---
    or , throw out an open offer , I just might buy another I like mine so much .

Charlie

7. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

rooferbob, let's see if money talks.........

i've got $275 for your used RCBS Grand.

let me know....strip the xxx's

8. deadeyedukewannabe

deadeyedukewannabe TS Member

Hey rooferbob,

What went wrong, why'd you change your opinion. How much would you consider selling one for?

deadeyedukewannabe - Amy

9. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I had one and thought it was the best loader I'd ever owned. But I have arthritis pretty badly and even a loader as effortless to operate as the Grand caused me shoulder discomfort. RCBS was working on a hydraulic system for them but I'm not fond of hydraulics, so I replaced mine with a MEC 9000GN powered by an Auto-Mate II.

You will not find better customer service anywhere than what you'll receive from RCBS! I had a problem with my first one, which was one of the earliest ones, that the RCBS customer service folks could not figure out so they sent me a complete new loader. When I sold that one several years later after buying the Auto-Mate and 9000GN, it was extensively damaged during shipping to the gentleman who bought it from me (on these threads, in fact). RCBS provided him with all the parts needed to repair it at no charge!

You cannot go wrong with an RCBS Grand.

Ed

10. ilive4skeet

ilive4skeet TS Member

I'd be interested in a Grand @ that price. Let me know if you still have it available.

Mike Mates

11. Ron(Oh)

Ron(Oh) TS Member

I had a Mec 9000G and got rid of it for the RCBS Grand, Never been sorry for the change. The people stand behind their product with lifetime warranty and free replacement parts.Great people and great product.....Ron

12. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

rooferbob, put your money where your mouth is. How much you want?

I have one in 20ga and 12ga and I believe that they are the best loaders ever. I have used Bair's, Mec's, Herter's, PW's (3), and Sploar Gold, I wouldn't trade my RCBS Grand for any of them. Customer service is the best. Rooferbob must have fallen of the roof to say otherwise. FD

13. Pump4Smoke

Pump4Smoke Member

I have owned a Grand for 5 years. Great, if not the best customer service. I have put over 75-80k through this machine, with just normal problems, mostly my mistakes. I just received a bunch of replacement parts to redo the base plate and index arm, got them in the mail the other day. NO CHARGE, and over $4 just to mail them, also picked up by RCBS. This is a great company who cares about the customer. I'm calling bs on any customer service complaints. With any reloader, you have to be able to recognize what makes them work, stay on top of adjustments that need to be made. I can 'feel' when something needs a tweak just by how the handle feels. If you are not mechanically inclinded don't reload at all. Comparisons between Spolar and RCBS, that bash RCBS are also bs. They are two different animals at opposite ends of the price spectrum. If I could afford one I'd have a spolar, but my Grand more than fits my needs. Just my opinion. George

14. tgun90

tgun90 TS Member

What I can;t understand is '' great customer support'' kinda sounds like you got a lotta problems with the machine but the company is always ready to fix it.Seems like it would be much better to have one that you didn;t need customer support just a machine that works all the time.

15. Pump4Smoke

Pump4Smoke Member

tgun90

They're just machines with some parts that just wear out over time and after many thousands of rounds. Not many companies that will warranty their products forever, regardless of how many rounds you put through it, and not even bill you to ship the parts to you. That is great customer service. Factor in how much the press costs and it makes this an even better value. The only thing I have for trapshooting that will not wear out is my new cnc'd shell-cutter I got from motordoc!!! George

16. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I have quite a bit of RCBS metallic cartridge reloading equipment and customer service is one reason why. While reloading a couple hundred .223s two weeks ago in preparation for this summer's varmint hunting, my son discovered that the small rifle primer seating ram for my 30+ year-old RCBS bench-mounted priming tool (I even forget what they called it back then) had grown legs, so he used the priming apparatus on my RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme press for the first time. With just one shell left to prime, the tool became cocked when he attempted to seat that last primer. That apparently torqued the tool's arm, snapping off the small pivot point bolt that attaches it to the press.

I sent RCBS an email requesting the parts to replace the broken priming arm and bolt and asked to buy the missing part for the other tool. Four days later, the USPS brought me everything I requested and even a few extra bits at no charge. Basically, I lost one of the parts and they still replaced it for free and it's a fairly safe conclusion that my son didn't have that last .223 empty all the way into the shell holder when the other part broke. But they did not question anything and promptly sent the parts.

The very best computer, car, gun or reloading tool in the world is worthless without good service behind it.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec 9000gn or rcbs grand