1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jd288, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jd288

jd288 TS Member

Will Remington sell you a new gun at the grand or is theirs for display only and you have to buy from a dealer. Anyone know?

2. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

JD288, I believe they are only for display but sometimes I believe they will sell the gun to a dealer on site and then the dealer can sell to you. They don't want to be in competition with the dealers. glenn

3. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

I can you from my personal experience that it is possible to purchase one of Remington's trial guns. At least ot was several years back. I know, when my 1100 went belly up at the Grand I didn't have a suitable backup. The Remington gunsmiths recommended that I ask to use one of their trial guns out front. I asked to use what ever gun was the closest match to a 1100 Monte Carlo Tournament Trap. Remington had just introduced the 11-87. That is what Remington lent me.

I went out to the line, never having fired a single shot through this gun and proceeded to shoot the best score I had ever recorded at the Grand! When I got back I went right to Jack and told him I want to buy it right then and there. He said they couldn't do that since they needed it for the remainder of the Grand. If I wanted it after the Grand it would have to be transferred through one of the dealers on the grounds. Joel Etchen agreed to do the transfer and I handled the transaction before I left since I had to get back home before the Grand ended. I made arrangements to have a friend,l who happened to be a FFL holder to bring the gun home with him.

So yes, it was possible to buy from Remington but only through a dealer who was an on-grounds vendor. That was in Ohio. I don't know what Illinois, with their screwed up gun laws, might do to foul up the purchase.

4. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

pyrdek is correct. All the mfg.s will sell their display guns after the Grand to any dealer. But you must do through a licensed dealer. Some deals are made early to sell display guns enmass to a certain dealer but I don't think Remington does this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.