1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Program

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blacklab, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blacklab

blacklab Member

I have not received my program for the Grand. I called the ATA office to have them send me one. I was told that they did got very few extras this year and they were all out. Another example of the ATA just dropping the ball. Maybe they should have used some of the EC expense money to print a few extra programs.

PS Before certain people get started, I know it is on the web site.

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I didn't get one either. I don't know how they decided to whom to send em to. I didn't attend the Grand last year but did the year before, so maybe they only sent em to last year's attendees??? Did they do it by targets shot?

3. blacklab

blacklab Member

The person I talked to thought that it was based on targets shoot through June.
    She did not know the number if that was the case. It is funny that I get program for the Dixie and Southern Grand, which I have never gone to, but not the Grand which I have.

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

That would explain why I didn't get one. I only registered a couple hundred targets last fall and didn't start shooting registered again till June.

I think you're right when you said it is just another example of the ATA dropping the ball again. Since the Grand is their Big Show you would think every ATA member would receive one. I would have figured they would have at least sent em out to every trapshooter within IL and the states that border IL. I'm in Indiana, and only a couple hundred miles away. Who knows?

5. Model12Lady

Model12Lady Member

The person who told you it was based on targets shot through June was full of crap. My late husband passed away last September; therfore, he did not shoot any targets this target year. He did not shoot the Grand last year because he was in the hospital. I received his Grand program. Somebody dropped the ball ande they are trying to cover their arse....go figure.

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Can you send it to him ?

7. Model12Lady

Model12Lady Member

I am sure that John sees all...where ever he is...besides we kept the Grand Programs every year and I will continue keeping them.

8. Herbert

Herbert TS Member

I'm not sure that everyone knows that the ATA office does not mail out the programs or decide who gets them. For the last few years that has been Mike Hamptons decision & responsibility. The ATA office received one box this year and the girls that answer the phone had their copy reclaimed by management.
    H.

9. blacklab

blacklab Member

If they want people to go, then they better get them a program. Just because someone has not gone in the past, does not mean they won't go now. Hampton is in trouble because the grand is losing money. He is trying everything to show a profit. The program is advertising. As a mgt. consultant, I have seen all types of organizations cut advertising to improve profits only to loose even more.

10. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I didn't get one either. I guess that they're trying to cut costs.

Ed Yanchok

11. blacklab

blacklab Member

This is just stating a fact.

12. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

I found it in about 30 seconds at the link above. All the info is there. If you need one to hold on to, just print it out.

13. blacklab

blacklab Member

If you read my original post you will realize how stupid your post is.

14. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Thanks Mike H, I got mine!!

15. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

hey Lab dude...settle down pal!!

Let me see if I got this right?

You stated that you are aware that the entire program is available electronically...identical in every word, ad and picture to the copy one might receive in the mail, but you still call the ATA ...then feel the need to vent on here.

And, in your opinion, my post is "stupid"?

If its that freakin important to you I will send you mine.....Geeze!

16. blacklab

blacklab Member

I stated in my original post the I know the program was on the web so people would not tell me it is there. Why can't people read.

17. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Why do the Sparta people jump to the offensive so quick? Ease up a little.CED

18. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

If I were a management consultant, I would learn how to spell "lose". Two O's means "pants on the ground" - his belt is "loose".

Printing and mailing is incredibly expensive but what is good for one is good for all. If there is a target cut-off, I think it should be spelled out - make it policy. don't have people wondering why they do not have a program.

19. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"PS Before certain people get started, I know it is on the web site"

So let me understand, this is your statement from the OP. Tanda1 gives you a link to the program. You then say to tanda1,

"If you read my original post you will realize how stupid your post is."

Well I don't see anything in your OP that would make his post stupid!!!! I do see from your last post

"I stated in my original post the I know the program was on the web so people would not tell me it is there. Why can't people read."

Where in your OP does it say "so people would not tell me it is there." So tell us was tanda1 supposed to know that is why you stated it. It doesn't say that is why, it just says you know it is on the web. Not where or why you are telling everyone.

Maybe what you need to do is tell everyone why you said and it stop assuming that everyone can read your mind. I think the post that is stupid belongs to you. You need to say it not think it and then expect everyone to know what you mean.

Of course this make someone else's post stupid!!!!! RIGHT!!!!!! Someone tries to help you and their post is stupid, your a typical Moron.

Bob Lawless

20. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Ivanhoe never misses a chance to cut somebody down, does he? Never fails. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.