1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Program

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by white rattler, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. white rattler

white rattler Member

Has everyone but me got a program for the Grand? My bags are packed and I am ready to leave and still no program. Trevor Dawe.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

You can have my program. Things changed, I cannot go.......

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Trevor, you were certainly send one, about you, Zara, I can't be sure.

We've always sent programs to everyone, at great cost to the 80% of our members who won't come this year. Western VP Bruce Reed, Stacey Hodkey, and I came up with a list cutting mailing in half based on various criteria, and ran a test to see how it would have worked in 2007. Only about three dozen 2007 attendees wouldn't have gotten one. Sure enough, this year only a handful have called the office about getting one (or not) and they were sent one the same day.

It's available on the website; you can get one by calling, likewise if you come to Sparta.

This is an example of the "running the ATA like a business" so many advocate. My own opinion is that it worked better than any first attempt could be asked to do; it will be tweaked next year based on this year's results.

Neil

4. white rattler

white rattler Member

Neil, thanks for your reply. The trouble is at customs they want to see a mailed copy with my name on it. And down loading it does not give me that. Trevor Dawe

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Trevor, I hope you have no trouble. You know about the "Canadian Letter" on the website I trust.

So that's the first tweak for next year. All Canadian and foreign members will be send a 2009 Grand program. Thanks for the information.

Neil

6. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hey Neil.

None here in Ontario Canada I am leaving without one today. One more reason to think this might be my last Grand.

Terry.

7. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Obviously an issue we face. Canadian shooters use this program to show genuine reason for taking firearms into U.S.A. Definately something that needs to be looked at. Good Luck to all.

Joe Woods/Ontario

8. kolar28

kolar28 TS Member

Neil,

How will the "cost savings" of this new program directly benefit the ATA membership? Will the target cost at the Grand be reduced? Or will there be some other tangible benefit to the customers of your "business"?

9. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I'm with Zara.......

Hauxfan!

10. white rattler

white rattler Member

Zarathrusta and Hauxfan. Listen up. It is your Customs officers that want to see a program with a name and address on it when you try and enter the USA. Why do you not read before you two climb into the ring. I do not think either one of you two have a dog in this fight. Trevor Dawe. P.S. I will be at the Grand.

11. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Actually, White Rattler, I have no problem at all with you guys getting a program.

My little comment was about someone who wanted to know how the cost benefit was going to affect the ATA.

Any type of savings is a benefit to the ATA.

I apologize if you thought I was talking about any Canadian shooters. That was not my intent.

Hauxfan!

12. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

The interest in attending the Grand American has no borders. As we enter the United States we like to comply with U.S. laws. and are not interested in having our dreams of attending one more Grand dashed by not having a program as requested in the U.S. ATF 6 forms.We need the ATA Canadian invitation letter to acquire the ATF 6. And it does accompany the ATF 6 form . The US customs request the program as well.Obviously at this point there is room for disappointment. Hopeful this is all discussion and not fact.

Joe Woods/Ontario

13. white rattler

white rattler Member

Hauxfan, all is good at this end. Trevor Dawe.
    Zarathrusta, ATF form 6 is what Canadians must apply for and follow to bring a firearm into the USA. When we hit the border Canadians are at the mercy of the customs and ATF people. These are your laws and I am just trying to follow them. Trevor Dawe.

14. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

I am sorry if I upset a few of you I just expect a program after attending for 30 years.

Terry.

15. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I didn't receive a program until I E-mailed ATA and requested one. One was sent that very same day.

However, I know of several Missouri members of ATA (and they have paid their dues) that haven't received one.

I feel if one is a paid member of ATA they should received the Program Book for the Grand American!!

Allen

16. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Hey Trevor
    We made it to Colorado Springs and are waiting for the new baby to be born. I will be heading to Sparta on Friday. I hope you get across the border OK.

17. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

I was a bit stressed earlier today worring about the border. We had this trouble before not getting programs from Michigan or Ohio. Usually it was because some bean counter tried to save them money shipping all the programs to Canada by bulk mail. They sit on a shelf somewhere because it requires more postage.

This is not a program to me that got lost in the mail, I don't know anyone from Canada that got one and I asked several people last week if they had one.

Terry.

18. white rattler

white rattler Member

Hello Mike good luck with the baby. They have no rush to enter this world. See you at the Grand. Trevor

19. Mike

Mike Member

Did not receive program here in MI, nor did my daughter. Mik

20. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

NO grand program either. Life member.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.