1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Options

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by John Thompson, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

For all the new shooters, explain the purse's, Jackpot 6 %s, does this pay the top six shooters or the top six scores? Yardage groups, 50-30-20%, top 3 scores. And people wonder why there is so little money played. The old GAH point system paid back so a low 90 got something. Now you need a 96 and you get little for it.

See where we have abandoned trophies for 1st through 15th & 20th in the 2 major handicaps. More trophies in all but lesser in value if last years are an example.

2. at_trap_89

at_trap_89 TS Member

The purse plays scores.

I can't complain...I was getting $300-500 for my 94-95's last year in caps at the Grand (played Lewis, 25, 50, Jackpot, Yardage).

3. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I'm refering to purses only, I received $1200 for a 49x50 in the early 70's and over $350 on the purse only for a 95 in the mid 80s. Since the elimination of the ATA point system purse payback is minimal. The purse payback was better due to more people playing that option and up to 9 scores paid. I got close to $100. on purses for a 91. On the current system, my purse only money was $300 for a 98 from 27 twice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.