1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand National - 3 days

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by citadel, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citadel

citadel Active Member

We have 3 - 4 days off at the time of the Grand Nationals. Is it worth making the trip from California (we will fly) for only a couple of days. I hear that it is great but I would appreciate some input as it is quite costly to come for such a short period of time. What will we see that makes it worth while???
    Thanks, Doug

2. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

I guess that is a personal call on your part. It also depends on which 3 days of the Grand, Youth shoot, prelims or the actual Grand. Are you planning on shooting in events or not? Have you ever attended a Grand before? Wow, that is a tough call. I love it but I live a 45 minute drive away & went to Vandalia 5 times but it was only a 5 1/2 hour drive so both were easy & cheap to do. Good luck on the choice. Colonel

3. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

Citadel,
    I travel about half the distance you do but I drive. You can fly to St. Louis and rent a car. About 1.3 hours later you will be infront of the building to register. Once thru the system, pull up to your bank and get ready to shoot at the Grand. There will not be the SCTP shoot with the Grand this year so you have the Preliminary week or the Grand American week to choose from. I would suggest you go to the ATA website to see the schedule of events. No other shoot is the Grand American and it is a great facility. You can get everything you need at the "Complex". Pack your gun well and head for Sparta. Motels are available in the region but it usually takes some effort to find something close. You might try Okawville Illinois at the Original Springs Hotel. I heard they had rooms but they might be gone by now. Bring sun screen, sweat bands, rain gear, and a light jacket, in Southern Illinois, as is Southern Ohio, anything is possible.

Three days of shooting will get you several opportunities to compete for a Grand trophy. Bring an extra bag for the goodies you will find at the vendors.

Hope you will be there. Take I-70 East to I-64 East to IL 4 South for about 30 miles and follow the signs.
    CA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

the grand national 3 days