1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand motels

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gordy h, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gordy h

gordy h Member

Hi Guys
    How far away from the Grand can we find a motel with out makeing reservations? I don't mind driveing an hour or so. any sugestions on towns?Mt Vernon? St. Louis? Carbon dale? Will becomeing in from the north, Wi.
    Thanks for the help. Butch H

2. superxfrank

superxfrank TS Member

I would look for motels in O'Fallon, Fairview Heights, and Shiloh ILL. They will put you on or close to I-64 and less driving distance, reservations would be a better choice. Also just do a search on Ts.Com, there are many threads posted.

Frank

3. ltsc1

ltsc1 Member

We stayed in Perry Missouri last year. There were several hotels around $75 per night. It was about a 40 minute run to the club. We were shown a back way into the club grounds that took us around most of the small towns on the way.
    Gas was cheaper in Missouri also.

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

I made a reservation in Fairview Heights last year just before the Grand without any problem. Not sure if that will be possible this year or not. The towns Frank posted are probably your best bets. Fairview Heights and O'Fallon have a good number of motels.

Perryville, Missouri is about 45 miles SSW of Sparta, so for you (coming from WI) I wouldn't recommend it. Although it's a possiblilty, but I think it would add a few extra miles that you might not necessarily need to drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.