1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Model 12 shoot?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jacob Guthrie, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacob Guthrie

Jacob Guthrie Member

Don't know how many of you have been reading your grand program but there is a neat thing Federal is doing where they are having a model 12 shootout including paper Federals! I thought that was neat I know some guys still shoot them but it will still be a fun event if I can borrow a M12 and get in I'm sure going to! Jake

2. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

I saw that but they should also allow Model 31 Remingtons.

3. v-strom 650

v-strom 650 Member

Heck yes they should let the Rem 31's play along!! Sounds like fun, J.Terre

4. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I still have my model 12 so that sure would be fun and the Rem 31 should be allowed also how about a Vintage shoot guns made before 1950 would be great that would mean the 870 would not fit as it came out in 1950. It also could have classes pump/singles/SXS/autos/ a couple hundred with a Browning A5 should be a hoot. That just might get me to go back to the Grand heat and all need to have the classes on different days so we could shoot a couple of classes if we wanted to.

5. John55

John55 Active Member

You can also use a 4E Ithaca for this event.

6. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

How about my model 97?

GneJ

7. Jacob Guthrie

Jacob Guthrie Member

Yeah there should be some more guns included but any cool little event like this they add on I'm a fan of. If you are staying on the grounds you shoot or sit in your camper, even if you commute to the range there is nothing to do in the afternoons. Some people enjoy getting out of the heat but I like to go shoot sportin clays or any of the fun events. Jake

8. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

And what is the date of the Program. Is it limited to number of shooters. Bill

9. Jacob Guthrie

Jacob Guthrie Member

limited to first 100 shooters that sign up at the Federal building, event will be Tuesday Grand week after the doubles event. One box of shells for program and one box to keep.

10. chipking

chipking TS Member

Just as long as it is not a doubles event. Those of you who bitch about shooting beside a shooter using an auto really should try it sometimes beside a fellow with a model 12. Only time I have ever had empties whiz by my head and almost hit the shooter to my right was a doubles event with a M12 shooter beside me.

--- Chip King ---

11. Jacob Guthrie

Jacob Guthrie Member

Chip, I'll never forget an older genteleman that was from Indiana (as am I) ran into him at the dollar a few years ago. I think his name was Davey something, anyways he asked me what I shot in the doubles I told him a 95 I think it was he said what gun? I told him a Citori O/U he said get that crap outta here! You're cheatin! I shoot my M12 and always have I thought he was crazy but he shot some good scores with it.

12. Stuart

Stuart Member

If you want a Model 31 Event the you need to sponsor one. Don't tell the man who is putting up the money how he needs to do it. Do your own event. I hate to think that any one believes this is a relic of the past. How many of you started out on a Model 12, shot your way to the 27 and thought you had out grown that old gun. Every body else had a break open gun. I bet you don't have the same average today as when you shot that old pump. We still have half our business is repairing and restoring them. And have 5 employees doing it.
    Stu

13. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I see both sides of this, & if that's what Fed. is sponsoring that's what they should get, but I do think it would be nice to include 97s-31s-and or any other pump that is pre 1950. (especially since I shoot a 31TC) GRIN--Ross Puls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

m12shooter