1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Hndcp shoot off question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 9point3, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

If I win the first hndcp event from the 20 and by shoot off time I'm back on the 25, where would I shoot the shoot off from?

2. EE

EE Banned User Banned

Now that's positive thinking....

EE

3. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

You shoot off from the distance you shot from to win the event. If you won on Monday from the 20, shoot offs were canceled Monday, Tuesday you won again from the 22 again with shoot offs canceled then same Wednesday from 24 yards. When you shot off for mon. event, it would be from the 20, tues. from the 22 and wed from the 24. Scores determine earned yardage not position.

4. federal paper

federal paper TS Member

John i believe he was talking of the 1000000 shootoff .

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

9point3- Fine question. No rules actually cover this but my opinion would be that you would shoot from the 25 yard line. You are not shooting off for the event you won, you are in a sense shooting off for nine events. The EC would have to make a ruling on this question. It has never come up before and I really enjoy such hypothetical things.

Pat Ireland

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Great question,

I have a book coming out on "How to miss and look like you are really trying to hit the target", I do it all the time and I am getting really good at it ... (lol) ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

i posed a similar question on another thread and a couple people thought it would be the 20YD line.

Time will tell

8. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

It would be wrong for a 27yd winner to get to shoot the $100,000 shoot off from where he has been shooting from but a 20yd winner has to shoot from new yardage

9. dverna

dverna Active Member

Hell no 9.3

If you gain yardage during the shoot you should shoot from the increased yardage.

One way to "address" sandbaggers.

Don Verna

10. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

You would shoot from tha yardage that you shot to get you into the shootoff.

11. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I agree with Trapshootin Hippie!!! Break-em all. Jeff

12. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

He should shoot from the 20 yard line, that was his qualifying score at that yardage.

If he was high and won each handicap he should shoot several times from the different yardages.

If he won 3 handicaps, let's 20yds, 22 1/2 yds, 25 yds he would shoot from each yardage for 3 scores, the reason I chose those yardages, he would have earned 2 1/2 yds for each win

This could be a 20 yarder from Kentucky, Good luck guys figuring this one out.

I am sure they will make a rule that will disqualify him, I think Frank Rively will be the spearhead of it. Wanting to spear the Ky. guy.

It might even be an Obama appointee shooting off.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

Tom- Your question posted on another thread had a simple answer. If you tie for a handicap event on Monday, you shoot the shoot off from the yardage you shot during the event. On Tuesday, you would shoot from your new yardage.

This question involves winning the handicap event on Monday from the 20. Then gaining additional yardage in subsequent events during the week and shooting the Grand American from the 25 yard line on Saturday. The shoot off for the big money will be Saturday evening. Again it is a question not covered in our rues and probably has not been considered by the EC. In just over a week, I will poise this question to several members of the EC and by the Grand, we will have an answer.

Pat Ireland

14. Richard Marshall JR.

Richard Marshall JR. Member

I'm pretty sure you shoot the $100,000 shootoff from your present yardage. So if you win Prelim Sat. handicap from the 22 and get 2.5 yards to the 24.5 and you shoot the next 4 handicaps and gain a .5 yard to the 25 yardline, then the BIG shootoff you shoot from the 25 Yardline.

Richard Marshall Jr.

15. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

RMJr's response seems to be the most equitable for everyone concerned.

16. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Yep that right the most equitable for everyone except the guy that won at 22.......LOL. Of course it doesn't matter to the 27yd shooters no matter what or how many they win they won't have to worry about it. They don't have to move now do they.

Bob Lawless

17. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Richard, if this comes down to you and me, like we discussed in Tucson, we're still going to the 50 yard line to settle this aren't we? :)

Hap

18. Richard Marshall JR.

Richard Marshall JR. Member

Carl,

As i stated before the final shootoff will be from your present yardage. Say someone win's the Grand American Handicap from the 22-yardline which is the last handicap and you get 2.5-yards to the 24.5. You will shoot for the $100,000 from the 24.5-yardline.

Hap,

That sounds good to me! LOL

Richard Marshall Jr.

19. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

This is a "problem" which will solve itself, no matter what the official decision. Either

1. He shoots from his original yardage. Result: no problem. Or

2. He shoots from yardage subsequently gained. Result: He's not going to shoot any more handicap until the shoot-off. You think he's nuts?

Neil

20. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Guys, the fact is there is no answer to the question yet. All of you that insist the rules call for a certain outcome are wrong. It is a special event and it may be organized in any fashion they want.

Nothing wrong with pointing out what you think is best; but it's a bit early to start blaming people unfairly, don't you think LS?

Now, my view on this currently is that I'd let qualifiers shoot from the yardage that they shot to qualify, not from their yardage at the time of the special event. You are free to disagree, but it is not wrong, since no rule applies here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.