1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Camping

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by deereRalph, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deereRalph

deereRalph Member

Noticed that most posters do not know what is going on with the camping situation at the Grand. Why has there been no comment on this forum as to the change in price?

Please post what you think.
    Grif

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Its simple. The ATA is now handling the camping for the Grand. They raised the price not the State of Illinois. If you want a spot for the Grand you pay the asking price. Thats pretty well the just of it. It is what it is.

The State of Illinois was doing an equally crappy job at handling the camping only at a cheaper price.

3. dverna

dverna Active Member

I had sent in a request to the ATA and was informed they had 5 year leases at $3000. It did not make sense for me to invest in a five year deal. I paid $450 to sub-lease a premium spot from a current lease holder this year.

If the State has not raised fees, the ATA is making a "profit" of 33% for shuffling paper. That may seem excessive but it will not affect those who can afford $250k RV's or those who REALLY want to shoot the Grand.

It makes sense to raise prices such that they have about 90% of the sites leased. The old "supply and demand". It will hurt those who have limited funds but life is not fair. If we expect the ATA to be run "as a business", they should be maximizing both profit and participation.

Don Verna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.