1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Camping

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by deereRalph, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deereRalph

deereRalph Member

Does anyone know the latest on Grand camping?
    I was told by the ATA, that a five year lease on a premium spot will be $3000 for 5 yrs. This will only for the Grand, not the other shoots at the WSRC.
    Do not know if this is true. But $600/per yr. is a little steep. I was told an electric only spot for one year is $375. Is the ATA doing the right thing, in these times of gas prices rising?
    Grif

2. RLC323

RLC323 Member

When you consider that the Grand is a 10 day event the camping cost per day is higher than any state shoot that I know of. On the other hand, the facilities at Sparta are pretty good when compared to most state shoots. You get a gravel pad and paved driveways that eliminate the mud issues that most states shoots deal with. There are also no issues with electrical "brown-outs" or low water pressure that are common at state shoot camping areas.

Are the fees high? Yes, but the Grand has never been cheap.

3. darwinbene

darwinbene Member

Grif, I just had a phone call from Shawna Johnson this last wed./thurs. and will be getting a contract in the mail about the end of March. I had the choice of getting a space on one of the loops and was in the low #1400's. The 5 year lease was $3000 for the Grand only. I could be there two days before and two days after the Grand. So, that was a total of 14 days each year. I choose not to take that space and took Standard space #850 in Coneflower section. This was for $2300/5 years and same 2 week period each year. Will have all three hook-ups. Because I had hammered them for about 7 months Shawna said I was the first one on the list to call.

That breaks down to $460/yr. and then brake that down to $32.86/day for the 2 week period. That is almost double as some RV parks but, about half again at some RV parks. So yes the ATA is making some money or giving it to IDNR, don't know. Don't know about if I don't/can't go some year, if I will get the money back for that year. Hoping I can sub lease in a year I can't go. Will know when I get the contract, I guess.

Kinda of long so will stop and let someone comment.

Darwin

4. darwinbene

darwinbene Member

5. deereRalph

deereRalph Member

Sir, my informtion is that the ATA will do as they have done before. You "buy the space", if you don't use it after you paid for it they may " re-lease'it. Please re-look at the spot you have been offered, it may not be what you want or expect.
    Do your homework.
    Grif

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I'd rather stay in my own "home" (camper) right on the grounds that to spend what they are asking for a hotel room at the Holiday Inn. I really don't feel like driving an hour each way every day for a cheaper hotel. It's still worth it.

7. williamkelly

williamkelly Member

Got my spot this week $200 elec only for the grand

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.