1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand camping confirmation

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by michmoe, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

I hadn't received any confirmation from the ATA office regarding the money and form I had sent for my camping spot at the Grand.I was hoping to get something back so I would know what banks to pre-squad on.I called the ATA and they said they would send a email confirming my camping spot.All I got was a email confirming that they had received the form and money.Has anyone been notified by the ATA as to where they will be camping? or is it it just willy nilly and you camp wherever they have a open spot once you get there? Thanks...Hugo "Moe" Rinke

2. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Moe -

Have you camped at the Grand before? I'm not sure that camper location would have anything to do with bank selection, as none of the banks are within walking distance of the campsites (at least not for most trapshooters). No matter where you shoot you'll need some sort of conveyance to get there.

In general if you want to limit your drive you would want to avoid the west end of the line (banks 1 thru 6 I believe) because all of the camping is east of the event center.

Scott

3. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Look at the aerial view of Sparta. can be found at ATA website wallpaper. The trap line is over 3 miles long an all camping is across the road. Have transportation you will need it. If you go to vendors you might take lunch. Allen

4. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Thanks Scott,yes I will be a Sparta camping virgin! Thought maybe you camped across from the trap banks.Still would have been nice to have gotten something from the ATA confirming where my money went.Without having to request a email confirmation.Thanks for the reply.....Moe

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Moe--I would have thought they would have given you a site number. It is not first come first serve or "willy nilly and you camp wherever" as you put it. LOL

The ATA took over the camping this year and things have gotten a little hairy. Thats not saying the State of IL did much better the last 5 years. I have been told its been a cluster f%*k at best.

Good luck and have a good time at the Grand.

6. md-11

md-11 TS Member

My spot number was buried in the lease agreement I had to fill out, you might want to read through it to make sure as well.

Jeff Daigneau

7. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I got one of the last 3 available and paid over the telephone and received all the paperwork in the mail within a week. Call on Monday and ask for Shawana.

blade819

8. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Anybody have Shawanas' phone number??

9. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

You'd probably have better luck talking to Shawna. See link above.

10. milton03

milton03 Member

Moe,
    Your site number should be listed in the header of your lease agreement and also in the Notification of Use form. Heather Henry is the camping coordinator and the above link provided by V10 is the correct contact info.

11. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

The are 100% sold out, no spots left, go somewhere else, full, we were told. We will see.

12. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Thanks..I'll be calling Shawna in the morning. Moe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.