1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GRAND BANKS WHICH?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mike T, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike T

mike T Member

O.K. On the Grand Pre-Squad form you can select a Section (bank) preference.
    Any one have any preferences?
    I know there is a farm house and building somewhere in the middle, but I don't remember where.
    From the web site wallpaper photos looks like a couple of roads cross the line too.
    Where do the BIG DOGs like to shoot, now that we have had a few Grands at our home grounds?
    Does Section 1 start by the tent vendors?
    and does section 4 go to the end of the trap line?
    Also read here on TS.com about hills near the east end? Don't remember that.

Just would not like to shoot toward the farm, or beside the roads.

Thanks for your input
    mike t

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Dang, Mike. Here you go and mention a farmhouse and a building. I suppose that is all I'll see when I shoot the Grand this year.

If I miss one bird because of those buildings, I'm coming back here and I'm going to put the blame squarely on your shoulders..... ;)

Hauxfan!

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I mean really guys, why in the hell would a freak'n farm house(a stationary object) be jack squat of a problem? That really cracks me up. As far as roads go, good luck finding a bank without a road running in front of it since the road(county road 18) runs the full length of the Complex. Didn't there use to be an airport with 747's taking off in front of the houses. I'm just amused at how any of the banks pose a distraction problem at the new Grand. Seems to me there is a consentration problem if stationary objects take you off your game. Just my 2 cents.----Matt

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The plan is not to use those banks - 6 & 7 - for the events anyway, mike T.

Neil

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

The problem with the farmhouse is, the daughter. She likes to open the door, which faces the trapline, in her lingerie... teasing and enticing the lesser trapshooters towards distraction....

6. mike T

mike T Member

Hauxfan

Just like shooting at Iowa. Lots of cars on old 218 and a nice farm to use as sight points for doubles up on the east traps. Just pick a spot on the silo and that is where you shoot your first one in doubles.
    Just thought I would stir up the pot on a hot Iowa afternoon. I remember the Grand with the planes and all the bulidings and the runway things next to the shooting post.
    I really don't care where I shoot. I am just happy I get to go this year after all the shoulder surgery I had last year. Only shot 400 targets last year. Hope to increase that number a bit this year.

see ya at Iowa
    mike t

7. Prescott Gene

Prescott Gene Member

I thought you wanted info on what model ocean cruiser you would use to troll this group with!

They do make nice yachts.

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.