1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand attendence pins made in China

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by daddiooo, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

I know the obvious answer....CHEAPER.

Why wouldn't we pay a little more for American made???

This is all part of the bigger problem here in America. Stop buying cheap chinese junk. It has to start with the individual. I look at everything to see where it's made before buying.

This needs to catch on soon, if it's not too late already.

2. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

aGREED.

3. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

aGREED.

4. missed some

missed some TS Member

find some that are american made is the problem. hell my tony lama boots have made in china in em anymore, didn't know that till i got home but they are

5. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

its like everything else.. your at the grand, you want a pin.. its made in china.. you have no choice "if" you want a pin.. then you tell the nice lady working the cash register.. she says.. I only work here..what are you going to do..

6. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

With all the costs associated with putting on a tournament as big as the Grand American, even with sponsorhips, it is very difficult to break even or show a small profit. Attendance pins are FREE when you classify and several thousand are given away each year.It is difficult to even find American made products in today's market. If/when you do find them, they can cost 2-3 or more times the cost of a foreign made identical item.I try to use trophies that are American made, but I'm in the same situation, some items are priced out of the budget if they are not foreign made. It comes down to paying the high price or doing without that particular item. Membership fees to the ATA are only $20 per year, have you checked the price of other clubs? (not just trap clubs, but also golf clubs, fitness gyms, etc?) Would you be willing to BUY an attendace pin and pay the price if it was American made? That might solve two problems, one the ATA wouldn't have to buy any pins and the shooter would get an American pin.

7. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Karla, you are doing a good job and Martin and I appreciate that, as you already must know. Many of us know how hard you work, and all the things that you volunteer to do in addition to that throughout the year. Thank you.

8. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Seriously!?! THIS is what you have to complain about? Go find something useful to do and enough complaining about foreign made products already, this is a forum on Trapshooting, in case anyone forgot!!!

9. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Grand America is a AMERICAN SHOOTING SPORT. Our pin's should be made in AMERICA. I hate seeing MADE IN CHINA, MADE IN JAPAN on my things.

10. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

If they made us pay a small amount for them, I'm sure that we'd be hollerin' that they used to give them away.

Ed Yanchok

11. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"Why wouldn't we pay a little more for American made???"</i></blockquote>Because American companies with high overhead and union labor to pay don't want to mess with job lots that small. 250K or more and they're willing to negotiate.

Take a look at Alibaba.com. It's the world's directory for Chinese micro industries. You can find someone willing to make anything in any quantity. Can you find that kind of accommodation in the US?

MK

12. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I just ordered our 2011 State Shoot pins....the order was placed with an American Company...

Hope this helps.....

I'd hate to see the bill if the pins were union made here in the USA.....

Curt

13. PaShooter

PaShooter Member

Have to agree about the attendance pins, been years since we have received a decent one!! The ones we receive now are junk, would have to look in my pin drawer to see the last year we had a decent one, curious about where it was made USA or elsewhere....

As for them being "free".....there is a cost for membership in the ATA and I realize all that collect the pins may not shoot the event but are members.

Paul H
    Imperial, PA

14. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

When in Florida i just won my first handicap event since i started shooting in 1994. Cost for this trip about $2000.00. This was my first trophy. I was a little disappointed. Shot over 55,000 ata targets bought over $30,000 in trap guns. Yep it was made in China. What a bargin this trapshooting is but i love the sport. Anyone want to trade for a nice sterling silver cup or bowl with engraving. For what you spend in this sport today i feel trophy quality is terrible. LOL

15. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Even if you have trophies assembled in the US by the little old trophy shop downtown, they'll use components now made in the Far East somewhere. That market is too small for American industry to bother with. Their new philosophy is to concentrate on manufacturing large number of a few things. It cuts their costs for labor and inventory.

MK

16. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

vpr80 I'm so sorry for you, too bad you can't get everything you want made in china--Oh wait you can, MOVE THERE. That being said I have to agree with daddiooo Join the NRA & see where your hat--knife--etc. comes from you'll love that. I wish the ATA--NRA--etc. DID have the funds to buy AMERICAN, I may be the only one that feels this way,but I would rather pay a little more so my kids & grandkids can have a job in a free country & not be a subject like some other countries. (yes I'm an old timer, I'm 70) I still shoot an American gun--American shells--when I reload I use American components--drive an American truck--in short I try to buy everything I can made in USA, and I'm proud to say so. Ross Puls

P.S. You see I'm not afraid to sign my name to my beliefs.

17. Lyle

Lyle Member

Perazzi, Kreighoff, Guerini, Blaser.................China. Whatever.

Lyle

18. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

There is a company in Indianapolis, IN that makes pins and yes I would pay for an American made pin, just my 2ยข.

19. porky

porky TS Member

A friend of mine, who has now passed away, wanted a good trophy for winning his class in a state shoot event, called the people in Florida at Tildens and ordered a buckle with the information on it. Granted he had to buy his own, but it wasn't the piece of crap that they give out at the shoots and he was able to wear it and show it off even at the clubs during practice.

20. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Pins are a lot cheaper than the non American Guns we prefer. And by the way,a union worker making good wages is among our best consumers.Clyde

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

can you buy a 2015 grand american trapshooting pin