1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand American Weather

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by AAA 27 AAA, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AAA 27 AAA

AAA 27 AAA TS Member

Grand American daily high temperatures shaping up like this:

Aug 6 - 86, Aug 7 - 82, Aug 8 - 81, Aug 9 - 82, Aug 10 - 81, Aug 11 - 83,
    Aug 12 - 84, Aug 13 - 84

Now what will we nag about because the Grand is in Sparta, and not Vandalia?

2. J.D. Squire

J.D. Squire Member

I don't know where your looking at bud but this is what I found.

Looks like tomorrow is bad (99) but then it looks like mid 80's

J.D.

3. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

I hope the attendance is above average. Weather should help. 76-78 degrees this weekend.

4. AAA 27 AAA

AAA 27 AAA TS Member

Hey bud (J.D. Squire). Got my info from Weather Channel.com 10 day forecast.

Yes, there is a heat wave moving in that direction. Today it was 107 in Dallas.

I've heard people say they are not shooting in Sparta because it is too hot. Guess they have to find another reason to not go. Huh!

Dove Commander: I'm hoping along with you that the attendance will be above average. There are many who try very hard to destroy our sport. I wonder what others will think if something positive would come to Sparta in lieu of attendance above average?

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I have asked about 100 folks, all complaining about the economy, the weather, etc,etc. if they were going to cancel their summer vacation this kyear. Only two have cancelled and that was because they owned their own businesses and felt that they were too busy to leave it. The rest all are continuing with their vacation plans.

I guess it's 'everybody else' that's cancelling.

6. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Sparta 10 day on weather.com above.

Vandalia below:

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USOH0980?from=search_10day

Looks pretty much the same to me. Hmmmm...

7. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Using the history at Vandalia, I have my 45 yr. patch. I have had to buy a sweater and I have failed to get a target because the puller had passed out from the heat. I had my best yr. at Sparta last yr. I literally froze at Sparta in May. I will not go because, oh my 5th wheel is already their so I best go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.