1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Grand American Vendors

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by LocoChunk, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LocoChunk

LocoChunk Member

Does anyone think that at the Grand the vendors sell the merchandise cheaper than they do the rest of the year? glasses, shell pouches etc.
  2. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Active Member

No, and I have never heard of anyone who thought such a thing.

The convenience of having so many vendors at the Grand is one of the reasons I have attended the shoots even though it is over a thousand mile trip. But, I never thought they cut their prices there.

Bob
  3. LocoChunk

LocoChunk Member

This will be my first grand and I was wondering if they cut there prices since they would have lots of other vendors to compete against
  4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

You may find some specials and products you won't see elsewhere but in general prices are normal.
  5. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

The best deal ever at the Grand:

One year in Vandalia a vendor sold powder at ridiculously low prices. You could buy two (2) 8 pound cans of Red Dot for example, for a little more than a single 8 pound can. There were tractor trailers of powder arriving throughout the week. I had driven to the Grand with 4 friends in my Tahoe. On the way home we had over 100 pounds of various powders and 10,000 primers with us in the vehicle. Thinking back, we probably broke several laws. That was the first and last time we ever found such a deal.
  6. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

There are deals if you shop around. The vendors have to make money so everything is not on sale. If there is something you want, check on Friday morning when some vendors are packing to leave.

Three years ago I had a squad mate wanting to buy a gun and had selected the gun from a specific vendor. He went to that vendor on Friday late afternoon to buy it and found them packed up and unwilling to unpack the gun. Needless to say he did not buy that gun or that brand. I think the vendors should at least be open till noon Saturday, but you had better plan to be finished shopping by Friday morning.
  7. Johnny

Johnny Active Member

Grafs always has special deals on reloading components at the Grand. Primers are usually as cheap as they get.
  8. clayman51

clayman51 TS Member

I remember the year at Vandalia when the vendors had the deal on the Browning Bt-99`s at a ridiculous low price. Guys were hauling them out of there two at a time. For the most part I think guys just like to see all the vendors at the Grand because that is one of the things that makes the Grand not necessarily because of cheap prices. You have to remember the vendors pay a pretty steep price to vendor there so they do have to make a living as well.

Dennis
  9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Active Member

To the contrary, I have always seen bargains at the Grand. Just like said before you can find bargains because there is a lot of competition. Be bold and negotiate - the worse they can do is say no. It wont sting and you'll probably get what your after for the best price anywhere.
  10. Janet

Janet TS Member

You can find just about anything you might be looking for at the Grand. It's a
    fun place to shop, but remember vendors try their best to price their merchandise at a fair and decent price. They have to make a living too. Shop
    till you drop, pay the price and shoot well. ( Oh, I don't think the club would
    give you a discount on your shooting so I wouldn't ask, you pay the price to
    shoot, pay the price for the other merchandise.) This said by a former vendor.

Janet CJ Enterprises, Retired
  11. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Member

The vendors of guns and other dangerous items are required to show a MILLION dollar liability policy for the grand. The cheapest I've found was 1800.00 (for me) (non-refundable). Someone will have to pay that and that leaves the consumer. Government regulation at it's finest......merlyn
  12. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Active Member

In the old days, I do remember Gene Sears selling Browning Guns by the skid.
    I honestly never ever saw that many guns sell that fast ever.
    But how many years ago was that. We are not in Vandalia anymore!!!
    I also remember 10X selling winter shooting jackets by the tractor trailer load. There are many other stories.
    I also miss Shyda's Barn, One of the finest clothing people ever !!!

Joe Woods/Ontario
  13. shot410ga

shot410ga Active Member

Make an offer on anything. All you'll hear is yes, counter offer, or no. What have you got to loose? Never pay retail....
  14. DONNE

DONNE Member

This goes way back. Some of you geezers may remember. One year at Vandalia I thought they were giving Win. Super-X's away. Seemed like everyone was carrying a new white cardboard box with "Winchester" on it. We back tracked and saw where they were comming from and yes, the price was real good. Kick myself now for not buying one too. Don't remember who was selling them.

We too would stock up on powder , primers and wads on the last morning. Prices were usually better. I think it was Ohio Target Company by Bob Allen?
  15. jclamp

jclamp TS Member

I believe that was Jaquas selling those Win. Super-Xs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.