1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GRAND AMERICAN - TIME LENGTH

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jimbotrap, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Is the Grand American program too long. I personally think so. If a person is involved in the SCTP program and wants to shoot the Grand it requires over 2 weeks, even if you fly. Travel on Saturday for registration on Sunday and then the Program starts Monday and goes through 13 days through Saturday. And then travel on Sunday.

Personally I believe we should go back to the program that was in place for years. Prelims Thursday through Sunday, main program Monday through Saturday.
    The SCTP program should be a separate event (as if was in 2005) held on the Wednesday preceeding the prelim events. - Jim Elliott

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

That sounds like a great idea but it is what it is and it aint what it aint so take it or leave it and have a good shoot.

3. C1

C1 Member

Well "I" like it just like it is!!! Leave it alone.

4. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

The good thing is that it gives more people a chance to compete. Not everbody can be there at the same time. Having it spread out over a couple of weeks gives a bigger window of opportunity. Nobody has to shoot the whole program. Some come for the first part, some for the last, or some in the middle. I LIKE choices!

5. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Since 99% of those who attend the Grand don't have a prayer of winning anything what difference does it make when they attend? Go - shoot - visit - eat - shop and go home. Tomorrow, or next year, is guaranteed to no one. Enjoy the moment.

6. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Being that it basically takes away THREE weekends from all the clubs that hold local shoots, I think it is a bad idea.

Plus, as a traditionalist, I have a real problem with ANY event being held after the GAH. ESPECIALLY another handicap event.

Tim

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

insight; Last year people wanted to shoot on Sat. now you don't. It's the old can't please everybody problem. You are going to totally skip the greatest trapshooting event because of the day it ends. Doesn't compute.

Jimmy; It doesn't take long to forget how it was for so many years. There is a lot of history in the ATA that a lot people don't bother to aquaint themselves with. It is indeed a grand old game.

Don

8. The Stive

The Stive Member

Leave it alone!! Attend if you can, and shoot when you can simple. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.