1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GRAND AMERICAN SQUADING NIGHT MARE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by seitz t22, Aug 15, 2013.

1. seitz t22

seitz t22 TS Member

Grand squading handicap so messed up on two handicaps my presquad was moved after I paid and while taking the line a line supervisor said hold on you and your friend have been moved. This is happening all over bring back stuart to save the grand!

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Served with crackers....

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Bring back Stuart?

Bob "left" of his own accord.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for this shooter's experience but last year more than one shooter had the same problem when the former cashiering system was in place. There were also those that showed up and had no squad at all.

Mistakes are made. No one or nothing is perfect.

I have noticed the system's score and trophy reporting improving as the week goes by. It's how a person or organization recoverers from their mistakes that is important.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

By the time it's over, I'll have shot 1400 targets and I had zero problems. My group has shot at least that much and most of them more. A few in my party are shooting every target thrown. Aside from one fella having to resquad because he earned 2 yards, we have not had one issue. We must just be really lucky.

6. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

I shot every day (not all targets). My only problem was they wanted me to pay for a hundred I didn't shot.

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

seitzt22...........what state are you from?

8. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

+1 What Barry said. I know it sucks when problems happen to YOU, but I agree the scores, trophies, live feed, etc. have gotten much better since the beginning. I don't hear any complaints about the weather either. It's a Grand time at the Grand, Harv.

9. Tatanka Donk

Tatanka Donk Active Member

Nothing but the best here. Show me ONE shoot that you never have a problem. Don Kerce, FLORIDA

10. niagara

niagara TS Member

With the weather the way it is, there will never be a better year to improve attendance. $400k donated last year didn't improve it.

If it doesn't happen this year then the grand has fallen to the point that it isn't getting back up.

If there isn't 3,000 people shooting on our last day it will be time to send in the clowns.

Here's to good weather.

Mikey

11. 870

870 Well-Known Member

I don't think the weather has much to do with it. Most shooters have to plan in advance and the fact that the weather is mild won't change things for them.

I thought that the Martin money increased participation, especially in the prelim week. That is gone now and I think everyone expects a decrease.

Having a couple thousand shooters still sounds good to me, wish I was there instead of here. Sure hope you don't talk everyone out of it before I get a chance to get back there one of these years.

12. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

niagara:

You've been an ATA RIP poster since you came.

Like 870 said, most shooters plan to go or not go to Sparta long before anyone knows what the weather will be for the Grand.

I used my "Grand money" to paint and re-do the flooring in my house this year, and the doctor just cut a chunk off my right ear (too many years in the Florida sun) so I didn't go this year.

There will be a Grand next year and the next into the foreseeable future and you will be a naysayer each and every opportunity you get.

You sound remarkably like the former poster nameisjoe. Hmmmmm, I wonder....!

Bob

13. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Never had a problem at Vandalia :)

Clyde

14. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

nameisjoe, mity mite, etc. has returned? Tell me it isn't so!

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Mikey what? Mikey McPeek? What's your last name? Is it Joe McPeek? I'm bet'n so and have for sometime. There are and have been several tells and the last one happened.