1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand American Sparta / Schedule of events

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BrokeTrapDad, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrokeTrapDad

BrokeTrapDad Member

I cant seem to find a schedule of events for Sparta or a program, Ive never been and looking at going to take my son who is 13 to shoot it this year. First of all what are the do's and dont's for a sub-junior shooter, is there any junior only events, where to stay etc. any advise would be greatly appreciated.

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

BTD,

The schedule of events will be similar to last year (see link above), except the AIM Championships will be held prior to the start of Grand Preliminary Week.

The only "junior only" type events are the aforementioned AIM Championships. There is a link to the AIM website on shootata.com if you want to get your son involved in that program.

Where to stay:

North - Fairview Heights, O'Fallon/Shiloh, Nashville

East - Pinckneyville, Du Quion

South - Chester, Perryville, MO

West - Red Bud, Waterloo

The northern area has the most accommodations.

Programs for the Grand, as well as presquadding, should be available the first week of June.

Scott Hoover

ATA Delegate, Utah

3. BrokeTrapDad

BrokeTrapDad Member

Thanks for the info also where is the best to fly into?

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Lambert-St. Louis International Airport in St.Louis, Mo will be your closest airport and best choice unless you are fortunate enough to have a smaller aircraft of your own in which you could arrange to fly in to Sparta's Hunter Field and rent a car from Sparta's Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Where are you coming from?

6. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

You can fly into either Lambert Field (St. Louis), or Mid America (Mascoutah).

St. Louis will have the most service.

Mid America is closest, but served by smaller carriers. So it might be a little more expensive.

There's a fairly new La Quinta Inn near Mid America that provides for a convenient commute (about 35 miles north of the WSRC at the intersection of I-64 and IL 4).

Lambert is on the North East edge of St. Louis. It's not difficult to get from there to Fairview Heights (about 25 miles.)

The Fairview Heights/O'Fallon area offers you the greatest variety of hotels/motels, as well as restaurants. I've stayed there for the last 6 years and have reservations for this year.

In Fairview Heights, you're about 45 - 50 minutes away from the WSRC. The road from Fairview Heights to the intersection of I-64 and IL 4 is all interstate. Illinois 4 is a nice two lane road that you follow down to Marissa where you can take a short cut to come in to the WSRC at the main entrance.

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Scott,

I don't believe Mid America is operating at this time.

From their website:

*MIDAMERICA AIRPORT AT THIS TIME IS NOT OFFERING SCHEDULED PASSENGER SERVICE.*

8. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Matt, after I saw your post I wasn't sure whether they were or not.

I think most people would fly into St. Louis anyway. It would always have more options.

9. BrokeTrapDad

BrokeTrapDad Member

I am coming from Northern California

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
2016 grand american aim schedule
2016 grand american schedule of events
grand american 2015 trapshoot schedule of events
grand american trap shoot 2015 schedule of events
grand american trap shoot 2015 scheldue of events

grand american trap shoot schedule