1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand American Programs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Lyndon Shumaker, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyndon Shumaker

Lyndon Shumaker Member

This may have been hashed over already, but why did the ATA not send out Grand programs????? I have talked to several who didn't get one this year, so I don't think its a fluke with me...............?????

Thanks

LS

2. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

I received a very nice program book a few weeks back. I don't know if this being my first year in the ATA has anything to do with that or not.

Deb

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Got 1 in the mail aprox 1 week before the Grand started. Sent out much later than usual.

4. TjayE

TjayE Member

I too, did not get a 2009 ATA GRAND program. First time in many years. I guess they are saving money. I did shoot 26,000 plus targets in the 2008 target year and I thought that would qualify me to receive a program. Oh well, times are getting tough. Tom

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Maybe they're only sending to previous year's entrants?

Curt

6. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Got mine. Like Deb, this was my first ATA year.

HBT

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

They didn't send me one either.

8. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

I'm a life member and did not receive one.

9. Robb

Robb Member

Another life member without a program but have not been to Sparta.

10. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

another life member-no program...but I can understand that if you haven't been there for long time.

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that they have just sent them out to the people who attended last year. I'm not a fan of that method at all for i believe for your dues thats the least that they could send us. I also believe that sending out the program booklet for the largest trap shoot in the World should have been sent out months and months ago so that people can plan. I think its time we got a little something for our raise in yearly dues.-----Matt

12. zinger

zinger Member

I only attended the first two years and got one?

13. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Matt -

You are right about sending the programs out months in advance. I'm sure most of the ATA members had no idea there was a big trapshoot planned for the middle of August. Especially considering they've only been doing it for 110 years - it take a while for word to get around.

Scott

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

What's wrong with the downloadable/printable Grand Program that is part of the ATA's website?

The cost of printing and mailing hardcopies is fiscally irresponsible.

Curt

15. grntitan

Scott---For your smart ass mouth i meant so they can plan the events they want to shoot in on what dates and what option moneys and added money etc. etc. There is always that one guy that has to be a freaking smart ass and i guess your him huh----Matt

16. scott calhoun

Matt -

The program for the Grand was available in electronic format on the ATA website for a quite a while - long enough in fact that a group of guys from my club were able to make plans, get hotel rooms, presquad, cashier and shoot without ever needing a printed program.

I realize that everyone doesn't do it that way, but for those who are interested in attending it doesn't seem to hard to find the info you are looking for.

Some people think printing and mailing programs should be covered as part of the annual dues, while others of us consider how much money could be saved (and spent on other things, like trophies) by not printing and mailing programs.

Scott

17. grntitan

Scott---Oh i see you've got the whole thing fiqured out. I'm sorry i didn't realize that the programs sent out early for the past years was just a bonus that we as paying members should not expect. The fact that about every member that participates on TS.COM bitched about wanting their programs earlier means nothing about what the paying members actually want.------Matt

18. scott calhoun

Matt -

You are correct, I do have it all figured out. I never said anyone else did, all I said is that the info is available even if it's not delivered to your doorstep.

I also never said getting a program was a bonus - what I said was it was money spent that could be used for something else. Between postage and printing costs it has to cost a minimum of $1 (and I'd suspect it's even more)to send out a program. That would account for 5 percent of your annual dues. Is it worth it to spend 5 percent of the annual dues to send out a program to members, 90 percent or so of which have no intention of attending in the first place?

You also shouldn't put much weight on what you hear on ts.com. There are a few of us on here that are active ATA participants, but many either are not members or are members but shoot very little or even not at all. Considering what you read here as a representative sample of what the active members of the ATA wants is probably not very accurate.

Scott

19. grntitan

Scott----You may be right about the people at TS.COM but i have been at this years Grand since opening day Wed. the 5th. Its awful funny the amount of people i have heard complaining of this very subject and i did not provoke it. Maybe you should factor those people into your stats that you seem to have for everything. The fact is the shooters(me included) love to read the Grand program while sitting in their living rooms or campers long before the Grand. Its not just reading material, its the Grand program. The shooters don't want to have to look at a computer screen to see whats offered as added money or what gun manuf. are sponsoring an event this year. FACT-----Matt

20. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I think that must be the reason I could not find mine, I don't remember recieving one, and it was not in my favorite reading place( restroom ).

I have never been to Sparta and that may be the reason.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.