1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand American Pics.....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BlkSmoke, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlkSmoke

BlkSmoke Member

[​IMG]

Main Building

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ammo Sales & Results Building

[​IMG]

Vendor Building

[​IMG]

Banks 1-4

[​IMG]

Trap 4A

[​IMG]

Random Squad Shooting

[​IMG]

Trap 26D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shade provided by wagon

[​IMG]

Looking at 26C; Shooters on 26B

[​IMG]

One of many rusted gun racks

[​IMG]

ATA Headquarters in Sparta

[​IMG]

2. jimsw

jimsw Member

I know it has been very dry in the mid west but what a mess. A little maintenance wouldn't hurt.

3. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Now that you mention it. It does look like the weeds should have been mowed off, even though the drought got most of the grass.

John

4. BlkSmoke

BlkSmoke Member

The trap fields look horrible. Weeds growing everywhere, mowing before the tournament would've really helped. Houses have paint chipped off and shot up, gun racks and benches have paint flaking, metal rusting, and boards broken.

5. In plain view

In plain view Member

Not very impressive. Looks like someone needs to be unemployed. Bob

6. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Looks like an awefulk small building for ATA headquarters. Is this new building or restored building? How far is it from the shooting grounds? Looks the the grounds are in terrible condition.

7. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

From the looks of things, glad I didn't travel 2300 miles to shoot in the weeds. I can do that here!!

Tomas

8. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

some people would bitch if you hung 'em with a new rope....

tony

9. leadshot

leadshot Member

that grass sure makes the mta homegrounds in mason look good

10. MikeInNPR

MikeInNPR Member

The ATA President should take some heat for how the place looks in the pics shown.

11. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

You might think it was abandoned if you didn't know any better.

12. BlkSmoke

BlkSmoke Member

ATA building is not far from shooting grounds. Only a few miles. I have to say, the buildings looked great. But there also relatively low maintenance. The trap fields, umm, not impressive.

13. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pics!!!

Place sure is cool...but like said above the weeds look like crap. They surely could of TRIED to cut weeds and spray the ones growing through the concrete. I doubt I will ever make it there but if I was fortunate enough to go that would of been the midget behind the curtain!

14. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

kenent, I'd bitch if I were hung with any rope. Still a great place to shoot, but it looks as though somebody got caught napping.

John

15. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Oh! gee!, I thought we're climbing out of a deep recession and most states and counties have been caught in a financil trap. Tell me the state or county that hasn't been forced to cut services laying off people in the process, give me the name of just one county or state.

The trap lanes look great to me level, straight and uncracked. If you don't like the foliage get out your weed whacker and take care of it. If you think its to brown look skyward and have a talk with that guy. Its a trap shoot not a garden party.

Global Warming, it's a joke isn't it...............

Surfer

16. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

"The ATA President should take some heat for how the place looks in the pics shown."

It was my understanding the Shooting Complex was owned by the State of Illinois. Did I miss a ATA purchase?

I guess it does look like the Ohio cronies are out in force. LOL

Thanks for the pics Blksmoke.

17. Wolf172

Wolf172 Member

The wife and I were actually planning on taking vacation and taking the RV up there next year. From the looks of these pics I will probably go someplace that looks much nicer. I was expecting something world class I guess. Looks like I was expecting to much.

18. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

If your intent is to make any club look bad you can surely find picture opportunities to do so.........I & my squad are leaving tomorrow & unlike some will be shooting & enjoying the finest shooting facility in the country, Sparta.

Good Luck to all at the Grand!

19. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

My single trap in the middle of my farm puts that place to shame. Pretty much a joke if you ask me.

20. 27-T

27-T Member

What do you expect for thirty some dollars a hundred, and a lease extension for fifteen years? We all know that communities and states are hard hit for money, what with 90% retirement funds. Considering the HUGE amount of money that the trapshooters are bringing into the state, county, and city, surely someone could afford a few edgers and the employees to use them! ATA officials should have seen to it, well before the start of the shoot, that the grounds would be in acceptable condition. In forty-five years, I never saw the grounds at Vandalia, or anywhere else for that matter, look this bad for a major shoot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pictures of the grand amreican trapshoot in sparta illinois

the grand american trap shoot sparta illinois pix