1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand American On-Site Recommendations

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rdf59, Jun 17, 2013.

1. rdf59

rdf59 Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I shot at the Grand in Sparta one time. Last time we commuted from Marion, IL which was a 60 mile treck each way. Thinking about bringing 2 friends this year and would like to stay on the grounds. My desire is to lease a fifth wheeler or a large mobile unit. We are all Seniors and need space.

Is there a company that would rent a BIG unit and provide a site with full hookups for about half of the time of the shoot? I'm thinking about the first 4 or 5 days of the shoot. We would have our own local transportation and cart, but would like to avoid the daily travel to far away places. Our youngster is mid 50s and i'm beyond mid 70s.
  2. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Don't think you can rent an RV site from anyone other than the IDNR (Illinois Dept of Natural Resources) OR from an individual who isn't using their site. If the lessee of a site isn't using his site, he is supposed to inform the IDNR. I would contact them AND / OR put a post on this site that you wish to rent a site on the Grounds.

As to the RV itself, there are several companies who lease RVs around Sparta. Try a Google search. I know there is a company in Rend Lake but not certain of the name. There may also be rental companies in or near St Louis. A friend of mine has rented the last few years and the rental company will drive the unit to the site you give them and set it up. After you leave, they will come and pick it up. This is, of course, an extra charge.

Hope this helps.

Gene in Illinois