1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand American Hdcp should be 150 targets

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I propose that the Grand American Handicap be 150 targets, shot 75 targets at a time and swich starting traps, this will move the event faster, allow a break for food and refreshments and sell more targets for the ATA and their would only be one event on Saturday.

By faster there would be more starting positions.

Divide the total traps by 3

The Clay Target Championship would also be 150 targets.

Doubles championship would be 150 targets shot 10 targets per post on 3 traps.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Dr.....Whoever, please quit the sport of ATA trapshooting and leave the rest alone.

GS

3. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

Midalake......Whats wrong with posting an idea? Do you have anything to contribute as a suugestion or are you just a thread basher? I can see what his idea is and might be worth thinking about. after all , it is another possibility for speeding up the shoot and eliminating some shootoffs.

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

10 per post in this heat?

Can't say as I'm opposed to 150 birds because I really like shooting handicap. 150 birds might price more people out of the game?? Target fee for a hundred is now $30 so 150 would be $45 then add shells - $45 so just to shoot targets only at the GAH would run almost $100 with ATA fees, and IL fees.

I do think the GAH should be the one event where there is a mandatory purse though.

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"Whats wrong with posting an idea?

Nothing as long as everyone realizes that posting it here will never make it happen. The poster would be better served to draw it up and submit it to his delegate. It would have a better chance of happening if it was presented to the ATA.

BTW if what I have said is causing trouble or starting an argument then I guess everyone will just have to live with it.

Bob Lawless

6. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Sir,

Were you exposed to gas fumes on your trip to the Grand? I have read some of your dribble in the past but this takes the cake. When I see a thread created by you in the future I will know to surf past it..

FRedmon

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

FRedman I hope you do.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

One who never shoots the grand and visits once has all these dumb ideas for changing the Grand. Pure stupidity.

Don

9. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Starting to think Gary is smokin whiteowl's brother but just a little less intelligent! Tom Rhoads

10. Bluerock1

Bluerock1 Member

Proof some people need to get a life.

BR1

11. happytrapper

happytrapper TS Member

Dr. longtongue has spoken again. Trying to change everything.

12. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

The targets should be a lot faster, at Olympic speed, and the arc of travel should be much wider. There should be a 5-7% chance of the best shooter missing a target.

If the targets are thrown in a challenging fashion, shoot-offs will be more infrequent. Further, shoot-offs should be decided by first-to-miss.

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

smoking357- Is this your contribution to trapshooting for today?

Pat Ireland

14. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

Come on, Pat. you know I don't make the rules regarding Trap. The IOC does. Why do you want to dumb down Trap so some old Americans can make themselves feel like "champions?"

15. romie

romie Active Member

Why don't they only have three downs in football and while they are at it move the pitchers mound back at least eight yards in the pros, but I personally think they need to leave Championship wrestling like it is.
    MOnty

16. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

For someone that has never shot ATA, 357 sure is full of suggestions. He's also full of sh7t.

17. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

I'm sure you like it the way it is, Romie. That's the problem.

Your examples are not analogous. Conceive of Golf where every hole is 50 yards and the cup is the size of a basketball rim. Lots of guys would shoot 18's, but so what?

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Is it possible 357ah is Longshot's missing sibling. You know the one he left on the picnic table after a days shooting his CG.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.