1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand American gun prices

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by englishupland, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. englishupland

englishupland Member

Was considering going to Grand American for the first time this weekend but it is quite a drive...I am looking for a trap gun and have heard there are plenty to choose from there...I am curious if anyone has gone this year or in the past and what kind of prices..I'm sure there are some exotics with thumbholes and radical combs ect, but if I was going to drive out to buy maybe a 682 gold or unsingle barrel would I save soem big bucks or maybe just 10% over dealer or gunbroker.com??...
    Thanks for yout help

2. Klay_Buster

Klay_Buster TS Member

It's worth the trip.
    1. Try before you buy. Find a gun that fits.
    2. Find a gun you like. Have it fitted there.
    3. Lot of choice.
    4. Fit is most important, type of gun next, price last
    5. Leave the grounds with a gun that shoot where you look.
    6. Save a year of fussing with gun fit.
    7. Use the pratice fields to try different gun.
    8. It is THE best place to buy a gun.

Wish I were there.
    Regards, Dave

3. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

I could be wrong on this, but I don't think you can buy a gun at the Grand then take it home. Because of illinois gun laws, they have to ship it to you which takes somewhere around 3 weeks.

MR

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

If you go be sure to see Jole Etchen for your 682 Gold E trap gun.

Have you thought about a 682 Gold E combo set? A combo set should most likely and probably be around $5000 and there is no better Beretta dealer that Jole and his crew.

Todd ... just as a thought and if they have it with them Joel lists on his site a 682 Gold E trap combo 30" O/U and a 34" unsingle for $4250. They say it was no more than a couple weeks sold when it was traded back in for a DT-10.

$4250 is a steal of a deal on that if they have it with them.

5. mirage1

mirage1 Member

I have to agree with Klay Buster-the big advantage is being able to try
    the gun and getting fitted on the spot-that is worth a lot.Unfortunately,
    when I went 2005 I only had three days and that was not enough time.

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I would also like to know if you can take the gun home after purchasing at Grand. I've heard both ways, some people tell me you can and others say you have to have it shipped home.

It would seem like sombody out there would know.

7. Chipshot

Chipshot TS Member

Been to the Grand 3 times (twice at Vandalia, last year at Sparta) and there is definitely a good selection of new and used trap guns. I got a good deal on a slighly used BT-99 from Shotgun Specialities at the 2004 Grand. Last year, my shooting partner bought two guns at Sparta and took immediate possession. There are a lot of myths about Illinois gun and ammo laws.

Bob Mizner, ATA Life Member 9801608

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Thanks Bob.

9. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

If you take possession of the gun, you pay the sales tax. Some like to avoid giving ILL. the tax and have them shipped.

10. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

I just received an email from a fellow who bought a gun at the Grand, and he took it home with him. Bob's correct. A lot of myth out there on Illinois gun laws.

Thanks,
    Dennis

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Some dealers are licensed to deliver in Illinois and some are not, all you have to do is ask if you can take delivery there.

Dr.longshot

12. Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew

Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew TS Member

That's right. I bought a Kolar T/S last year and took it home. That's because Joel Etchen is licensed as an Illinois dealer. Ask before writing the check.

Dave S.

13. GUOmaha

GUOmaha TS Member

Being also licenced in Illinois there are 8 states that we can't deliver at the Grand per Illinois law. California(of course), Nevada, Kansas, North Dakota, Alabama, Idaho, Colorado, Florida. Can't figure out why on the other 7, but thats the law. Everyone have fun and be safe.

14. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

Roy at Hi-Grade has a Grand Special on the 682 Unsingle combo for $4650. He is right next to Beretta where you can demo the gun if you want to. I haven't made it to Etchens so I don't know what they are selling them for.

15. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

Same day for Indiana but not Illinois at the Grand

16. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Hi:
    I have a pristine Beretta 682 Gold (not the E) O/U Trap. Nice wood, 29.5" barrels, mobil chokes, nice triggers. I am asking $1900, plus shipping to your FFL.
    If you would like pictures, let me know.
    Good shooting, and best of luck to you.
    Regards,
    Dave Swerdlin
    949/493-0526

17. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Just bought the wife a new Browing Citori XT from Guns Unlimited at the Grand. They were $200 less than anyone else and if you bring your sales slip into the Browning store they will give you a $100 rebate, in cash, right there.
    We're from Michigan so we could walk out the door with it.
    It went from Guns Unlimited right to The Country Gentleman who cut the stock and fitted an adjustable pad and cut and added a soft touch adjustable comb. He spent better than an hour doing the final fitting. While he did that Pylinski Arms next door did a beautiful job lengthening the forcing cones. It was just to damn hot to test it out so we're going to wait to do it at home.
    Lot's of guns, new and used, can't say they're all deals, but sure was nice to see a big selection.

18. JPK1957

JPK1957 TS Member

Bought a new Kolar and shot that afternoon with it, but it had to spend the night at the dealer. IL 24 hour wait. Kinda silly since I traded 5 guns in on it, and had several more in the truck. I could take it home, but I live in IL.

19. monroesc

monroesc Member

Bought a Ceasar Guerini from Dawson's. Had to wait a little while for IL clearance to call back with an okay, but was able to take it home. I actually saved on sales tax because IL taxes on the final price of the sale and I had Pat McCarthy sell a Browning on consignment so about $200 was saved on tax!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.