1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GRAND AMERICAN - Day 4

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Steven R. Scheib, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steven R. Scheib

Steven R. Scheib TS Member

Hot - Hot - Hot! Without the SW wind at a steady 20 mph, it would have been a dog day of summer. The early morning was great and temps were just fine for Event 10 Doubles. Leo Harrison, Ricky Marshall, David Schaefer, & Matthew Barthalow were the only 4 shooters to run the 100. Many 99's by the best shooters. With the wind knocking them down, the average Joe's like myself were happy to stay in the upper 80's and low 90's.

Event 11: Blaser 100 Handicap has 420 squads. The last time I checked, Phil Kiner had posted a lone 100 from the 27 yard line. Posting 99's were Scott Gens, David Kelly, Raymond Plummer, John Burke, and Leo Harrison III. This was at about 4:30 so there could be more scores that I did not see.

AIM Grand Championship: Around 700 young shooters started their 2 day championship on the west end of the trap line. They were still shooting at 5:00 and just starting to call their names for shootoffs.

Alot of people were on the grounds today. Cars everywhere. And people everywhere. But, you know, this place is so well layed out that you can just jump in your car and go. No waiting. No traffic jams. And wherever you go on the grounds, there is a place to park. I'm overwhelmed at how well run this place is. I'm glad to be here and fortunate to be able to shoot the pre-lim doubles and handicap. No singles for this boy. Anyways, wish you all were here. Have a great evening. See R.J. Stuart's website for updates on scores.

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thanks Steve

3. PaShooter

PaShooter Member

I believe the Perazzi girls went the way of the Winchester Bird Busters .... a thing of the past....been quite some time since that promotion I believe!!!

Paul H
    Imperial, PA

4. bas

bas Member

Thanks, Steve...with RJ's website...the cam's in the event center, the leaderboard and the scoreboard feature...I feel like I know more than most of the shooters there. Plus..there is a Chat Room feature available also for those of us who are not there - to discuss the happening events. Not to mention the reports I am getting from my "roving reporters"...I'm there...well, almost. Go Arizona! And, Georgia, and...well, heck..go shooters!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.