1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GRAND AMERICAN - Day 1

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Steven R. Scheib, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steven R. Scheib

Steven R. Scheib TS Member

Today was a great start for the 2009 Grand American. The weather was overcast this morning, but cleared pretty quickly once the Singles started. Over 260 squads in the Handicap, and a little over 200 squads in the Doubles. Shootoffs were called right after the Doubles ended for the Handicap. A couple of 99's and 4 or 5 99's. See RJ Stuart's website for scores. If one is not on your toes, the squads moved quickly. Things ran really well. It was almost like this event had already been going on for a week. What a nice place to get around and you never have to worry about parking. Thanks ATA and the Illinois DNR for your hard work in getting ready. It really shows! Nice job today.

2. jmas

jmas TS Member

Thanks Steve - Keep us posted

[​IMG]

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

jmas. if you ever decide to go, I'll drive. Your bud, Jack

4. jmas

jmas TS Member

Thanks Jack, I'll keep that in mind.

Jan

5. The Trapshooters

The Trapshooters TS Member

640 some shooters is not over 200 squads

6. Terry L A

Terry L A TS Member

Steve: I believe RJ Stuart "blocks out" some of the squads on banks they are not using so it makes the squad count increase more than what shooters have signed up for.

It appears they had actual paid entries of 117 squads in event #1, 130 paid squads in the event #2 handicap and about 105 paid squads in the event #3 doubles. Terry

7. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Thanks for the update Steve, hope you are doing well. Good visiting with you last weekend. I'll see you next week.

I think Steve was just reporting that the squad numbers reached the 200 plus number, he did not mention number of entries, you might give him a break.

Don Rackley

8. tomward

tomward TS Member

Atta boy Rackley. I'm proud of ya!

9. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Folks need to keep in mind that the banks are still numbered from 1 to 27 even though we are only using banks 8 through 25. And consequently the squad numbers go in 27 squad increments for each bank.

10. Diva

Diva TS Member

You go Don!!!!! Maybe we'll see you on the road. Jeff is shooting great so far. Too bad he is in AAA though.

Have a safe trip,
    Jerri & Tori

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.