1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand American camping

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hotshot2b, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotshot2b

hotshot2b TS Member

Looking for a full service (electric, water, sewer) camp site for the 2011 Grand American.
    Tricia Gross

2. RHAT

RHAT Member

Join the crowd,..... let me know if you get any info on how to get one,..... I've made about 10 calls and got no real info,......I hope you have better luck

3. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

The phone number for the camping information is 618-295-2700. Even if someone isn't going to use their spot and you make arrangements with that person you still have to go thru this agency and they have to ok your camping lot at the Grand American. That's the way it was two years ago. Good luck with getting a spot. Dan

4. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

They are leasing spots now, use the phone number the previous person posted and talk to Danny Beers, people are getting spots as we post. Thanks Stan

5. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

I called last week and was told that they were working out the details with the ATA as the ATA was to be taking over the campground management.At that time I was told that it would be late January or early Febuary when everything was ironed out.Has that changed? I'll try calling again and see what I come up with.

6. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

I guess I need to refrase this, I had the fortune of having someone sell me there remainder of there ten year lease,in doing so I had to talk to the people down there at the sparta complex and get the necessary paper work done, in doing so I ran into Danny Beers, for the first time in a year someone who sounded like they know what is going, (the people in this department), It was very easy and efficent dealing with this department, Danny told me they had the official waiting list and there was still room for more people, I can tell you if I was wanting a spot I would call Danny Beers. Thanks Stan

7. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

We have a premium spot in the north loop that the lease expired this year and we want to renew...I just spoke with Danny Beers, and he said they don't really have the definitive answer on how the renewals will be handled yet. He put me on a list showing I wanted to renew our lease, and said someone would be in touch as soon as the procedure was determined. He mentioned they had about 85 spots that the leases weren't spoken for yet.

I suggest calling him 618-295-2700(not the right number but they will transfer you) and getting on whatever list you are interested in. Sounds like he's the guy that will make it happen.GaryL.

8. Portagee Shooter

Portagee Shooter Member

Can someone tell me what the rates are for getting a spot w/ full hookups during the Grand? We are looking for 2 spots for the 2nd week & have put our name on the list but haven't heard back on whether or not they will even have any available.

Thanks, Lyle

9. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Called again today and was told to call back the end of Feb.,when I called before they told me to call the end of Jan. or early Feb.Seems all I'm getting is the run around.Guess they dont want my money.

10. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

I just talked to a very nice woman at the WSC, and they are waiting for the ATA to decide if they want to run the camping. No decision has been made, and it doesn't seem to me that anyone is getting the run around. Just like michmoe said, they are working on it.

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I've defended the ATA and the WSRC to no end but this is total BS!!! People need time to plan!! They should have hashed this sh!t out long before the year ended. My understanding is that the camping communication has never been good but this is uncalled for.

Matt

12. Portagee Shooter

Portagee Shooter Member

Hello,
    Can anyone tell me what the daily or weekly rates were last year during the Grand for an RV spot w/ full hookups? We have our name down for 2 sites possibly.
    Thanks Lyle

13. jdomas

jdomas Member

I just got off the phone with Danny Beers and the list of leases due to renew and all other camping is being turned over to the ATA as early as the end of this week.

John D.

14. hotshot2b

hotshot2b TS Member

I have contacted WSRC, myself, and they have confirmed that ATA is going to be handling the camping for the Grand, and we should be hearing something by the end of February.

ATA has confirmed they will be coordinating the camping, but nothing more than that from them.

Thanks everyone.

Tricia

15. hotshot2b

hotshot2b TS Member

Still trying to find a full-service camp site to sub-let for Grand this year.

Tricia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.