1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand American 2009

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Joe Woods, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

2009 grand American.

We had a good time.
    I took a young man(19 yrs. old)Bradley A. Martin.
    Typical story, grew up in my Ontario Village, Started loading trap.
    As he got bigger , I would let him shoot.I saw he had potential.
    He is busy working. I have taken him to a few ATA events.
    He always shot well. Never excelled. He & I have a mutual fiend who thought this year was the year. We helped him get his passport & ATF 6 , to be able to travel to Sparta. His parents bought him a new 1100 Remington Trap Gun.He shoots it well. To shoot this years grand , I felt since he did not have qualifing targets. He would wave the right to trophies.
    I do realize that know one can take the scores away.
    It is history now .Handicap , grand week.Started at 20 yd. 96 / 93 / 93 / 98
    He received one yard for 96 and yesterday 's 98, likely 1 1/2 yd.
    His name was also chosen to shoot in the Parliament Shoot-off for the free use of the Coach for next year.He did not win it, but tremendous experience.
    He enjoy's to shoot.He also compiled some good scores in 16 yard & Doubles as well.
    Hope all shot Well

We all better take the youth shooting. There are rewards for all.

Joe Woods/Ontario

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Joe, I bet you felt great watching this young man shoot so well. My grandson has good eye/hand coordination and shoots practice pretty good. Id love to take him to the Grand sometime.If I can get him away from his cute girl friend..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.