1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand.....all events shot East

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mollyone, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

All program events to be shot on East line of banks games to be shot on West line of banks. Wonder if tent venders applied some pressure

mollyone

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The attendance is probably going to be down enough where they won't need all of the banks and rather than waste money on labor cost to man all of them they are finally getting smart ... Its only a matter of time until they won't need half of the traps available and it will be like a big state shoot or smaller satelite ... Location, location, location .... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. NintyT

NintyT Member

YAWWWWNNNNN......

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

WPT---What ever. I assume you want it moved to your location. Then it would be perfect i'm sure.

5. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

So how many actual fields are there on the West End?? Banks plus practice Traps??

6. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

WPT,as usual,has a good thought based on experience.

Conducting the Grand in a location other than the boondocks of Ill. makes sense for all the hundreds of reasons that have been discussed over the years.

7. primed

primed Well-Known Member

And all of the vendors that leased the high buck buildings are on the west end. Nice!

8. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

If they shoot all the main events on the West End we can hold a Skeet Shoot on the East End!

Ronbo

9. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

I was advised by one of the vendors on the west end that the ATA and the tournament director decided to use only the east end this year and to use the west end soley for shooting games.
    Pat Haskins

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I believe that the Grand will be shot over a maximum of 72 traps. Of course we have the option of opening up more should we need them. It just makes good sense. 72 may be too many this year. I hope not though.

I also hope a bunch of Ohioans, Pennsylvanians, New Yorkers, Michiganders, and other shooter rich states join us here and prove that we need more fields open. We have been given a free place to shoot our most prized shoot. Please don't miss it.

Don't you think it would be a good things to have some non-registered fun at the west end? Maybe something kin to what went on at Tipp City years ago during the Grand? The west end vendors could put up some prizes and there should be some chance at big money purses.

11. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

From the 2009 Grand American program (pg. 34):

Want to shoot more during the Grand?
    We have a game for you!
    Special Trapshooting Events
    during Grand American Week
    Monday through Friday
    Both fun & money events
    Wolf Race — Derby — Handicap Doubles
    Progressive Handicap — Slider
    Full details at the Event Center & our Industry Sponsor Building

12. Barry C. Roach

Sounds like fun.

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Again proves that the "know it alls" actually know nothing.

No matter what is said or where it is located, the Sparta shooting complex is the finest shooting facilty available anywhere. There is nothing that can compare.

If you haven't shot there for whatever reason it is your's and the shooting world's loss.

By the way the venders on the West end now have other events to vend to. Major skeet shoots, spring and fall shoots - they never had that before at Vandalia.

It is amazing that the ATA is trying to expand your "Grand Experience" and yet some continue to ridecule and complain. You just don't have a clue.

Don

14. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

And why do you think there are no Mcdonald's restraunts in Calcutta?

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

15. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

JB,, must be a severe shortage of beef?? :) Hap

16. doubles100

doubles100 TS Member

where in the program does it say that?
    Will

17. RLC323

RLC323 Member

To REALLY draw a crowd, the west end vendors could set up a live pigeon ring for "games". Think the IDNR would go along?

18. Barry C. Roach

That would be even more fun! Too bad the Grand is so 'visible.' Maybe someone could set up some rings off property. Can you imagine the crowd?

19. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Yeah, the IDNR could sell pigeon license with a 150 bird limit??? :)

Maybe some barrel stretcher games with reg. trap loads would be fun too? Oh wait, last time I did that I got an extra yard added to my ATA card. Hap

20. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I seem to remember that last year we were given the opportunity, by Beretta, to shoot some of their $10,000 plus demo trap guns. I thought that we shot them on the west bank. It was a pretty neat experiance. I wonder if Browning will have any Cynergy trap guns to demo this year? Or maybe their unsingle? One thing for sure, there is plenty to do at the Grand, either on the west bank or the east bank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.