1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Granada, Spain ISSF World Cup

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by perazziuser, Jul 15, 2013.

1. perazziuser

perazziuser Active Member

http://www.usashooting.org/news/2013/7/8/419-holguin-duels-to-fourth-in-granada-world-cup

Not the desired result but a good, informative article from USA Shooting nonetheless.

Jeff Holguin

2. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

28 pairs (?) just to get into the semi-final? That's work, brother. Kudos to you for keeping it together through the semi-final. Was it very hot in Granada? No worse than Columbus, GA - I guess.

J.F. Wolfington
    Wilmington, DE

3. perazziuser

Scores from the Semi-Final and Final. For the more visual reader, like myself.

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Congratulations Jeff!! All of us here are proud of your shooting my friend!

HAP

5. perazziuser

Thanks, guys.

Granada was hot. Low to mid 90s the entire time I was there. The wind was pretty bad in the afternoons, from the southeast. In the miss & out Mosin & I were pretty much shooting underneath the second targets.

Jeff Holguin

6. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GSZ3gVgTPQQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

It's scary how good the Italians are. The Red Chinese are coming on strong too. Team USA tied for 19th in the Medal rank. Pathetic.

When you get beat by France, Mexico, Serbia, Portugal (just to name a few)....something is very wrong. The investment being made isn't paying off. I wish Coach Graves better success in future competitions. It's time for him to reflect on the failures in GraNADA...as hard as that may be.

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

What can you expect when almost no one in the USA plays the international game. HMB

9. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Dude - are you for real?

The USA tied for 19th in ALL disciplines.

Graves is the Shotgun coach. Responsible only for Shotgun results which included a bronze medal, tying a world record and getting a Male Trap shooter into the final and an incredible performance from Holguin and a female junior trap shooter that has tremendous potential.

And that was without the greatest female shotgunner of all time in the team and the King Of Skeet having an off day.

Performing on demand in the Olympic disciplines is a tough gig.

Oh and final point - Grave doesn't pull the trigger but he had a quality team representing the USA.

19th place - you don't know jack.

10. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Pretty svelt for trapshooters. Vavilov is the only one with a gut.

Darr

11. cafowler

cafowler Member

Pretty Sveldt = Too Funny!

I really enjoy watching the segments on YouTube.com whenever there's a new comp posted up. The commentary is so-so, but they do make you feel like you're really there. I do tend to watch the Women's Skeet more often when Danka Bartikova makes the cut, I'm a big fan. I subscribed to the ISSF Channel so I can find a new video whenever they get posted up easily, they are crystal clear when you change it to 720pHD and expand it to full screen.

There are a few up and coming international trap guys/girls around here. I always enjoy watching them practice. Hope one of them makes it to the level we get to see them at international matches one day. I'll shoot a bunker round about once a year, just to ground myself and come back to earth.

cafowler_2008_16066.jpg

cafowler_2008_16067.jpg

12. perazziuser

Cafowler -

Watch the Women's trap Semi-final and you will see Ashley Carrol, one of the young ladies in your photos.

What range are your pictures from?

Jeff

13. edbon9

edbon9 Member

i'm pretty sure that's the martinez gun club bunker, in northern ca.

14. cafowler

cafowler Member

Jeff,

That's it, "The New MGC" oldest continuously operating gun club in the US; trap, Intl Trap, Skeet, Intl Skeet, 5-stand & ZZs. Pix taken last summer I think. They throw a really nice 5-stand event one day/month, I was walking up to the club house between rounds and snapped a few pix. Most hated background in the trap world. Then again, if it was perfect ...... the old saying about a "new rope" would come into play. They throw an Ironman in early Oct, the bunker round is always the seperator, winner is usually highest score on the bunker.

I live in a bunker rich region; Coon Creek, MGC, Livermore all have active bunker shooters and are within an hour or so. I enjoy watching the younger generation get into it, pretty cool. I believe Si Chang is the driving force behind the MGC bunker, guy who promotes it and gets things orgainzed and done. He's working with a member who placed about 16th at the Spring Selection at Ft. Benning, and has his life organized around the National Championships in Colo Springs in a few weeks. He's young with the right attitude to win, and the commitment to the game, and a great duck hunter too.

Good luck at your next event, and I'll look for Ashley at the ISSF video's. I always look forward to the next ISSF event video's. Hope to keep seeing the US men in the finals.

cafowler_2008_16068.jpg

15. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

More of the same from Team USA.....

Search tags for this page

denkka barticova