1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grammies Pagan Christmas facts vs fiction

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by grammie, Dec 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grammie

grammie TS Member

The way it was so long ago,,before people,,notably "Christians" were making their push to make a "story"-------reverant,,holy.....

The way it was------------No early believers reveranced Jesus's birth,,,Instead as in the jewish custom of faith,,they were told to commerate his death (I Corinthians 11:26.....

"Christmas" was NOT even among the earliest church festivals,,,it was not until the last of the 4th century that the Roman Catholic Church began observing Dec.25 as Jesus's birthday!!!! By the 5th century the church ordered the birth of the messiah to be forever observed on Dec.25th.....

At this same time,,the Romans knew that the Pagan Religion throughout the Roman and Greek world celebrated the Pagan Sun God---Mithra on this same day!!! It was known as the "Nativity of the Sun"!!!! Known by the Romans as "Saturnalia" which means sun worship.....

In 46B.C. when the roman Julian calendar was adopted,,Dec.24 was the shortest day of the year,,,,and since Dec25 was the first annual day to increase in daylight-----------comes the origin of the "re-birth" or Annual Birthday of the Invincible Sun!!!!!

By the julian calendar the "saturnalia" festival took place on Dec17,,before that was the Consualia,,and then the Opalia on Dec19,,these Pagan celebrations lasted about 1 week ending just before the Festival of the Sun on Dec25th....

The "festivals" were VERY popular in ancient times,,,and marked a time of festivity and rejoicing!!!! MOST of our present day customs involved in Christmas are a "direct" tradition of the Roman Festival of "Saturnalia"!!!!! These days did involve "gift-giving",,,,colored lights to ward off evil spirits,,,festive meals,,,and decorated trees!!!!!

Yule Tree---Christmas Tree-------------This goes back to the pagan worship of trees all the way back to Babylonia!!!! The green evergreen represents "Baal" coming to life....

The custom of decorating and worshipping trees spread throughout the known world with the tree used being decided by 'what grew' in your area!!! The Druids worshipped the oak tree,,,the Egyptians worshipped the palm tree,,,and in rome they worshipped the fir tree!!!

There are at least 10 bible warnings that these green trees were associated with idolatry and pagan worship!!!!!! Look in Jeremiah 10:1-4 for details of how the Israeli's follow the very pagan customs practiced today.......

For more than 400 years "after" the beginning of Christianity there was NO celebration of the birth of Jesus!!!!

What happened was-----------Pagans far outnumbered Christians of that time,,,,and to make Christianity more "palatable" to those pagans,,,,,they "MIXED" their beliefs and "Creation Stories" together!!!!! They even took the associated "festivals",,,and pagan rituals and made them to fit the story of Christianity!!!!!!!! even to the point of stealing the pagan fertility symbol "peter rabbit",,,,,,,and threw it in for the story of Jesus Resurection on the pagan festival known as "easter"!!!! Even mixing the name of "Nativity" to blend the Christian story......

Have a Merry Saturnalia................

AKA Grammie...........

2. old tex

old tex TS Member

Grammie; Jesus still loves you.

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Whatta guy...sigh, Merry Christmas, Grammie.

4. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Grammie.......Even though you took all that from some text,of which I am sure, it,neverless, needs be told at this time of the year when "Christians" can't see the forest for the trees. Well done!

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

This thread, like grammie, really serves no useful purpose.

6. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Brooks....Spoken like a true Christian[SIC]!

7. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Bob.....With all due respect, you might have missed the point. Grammies message was about MUCH more than the "time" of Jesus birth[which is fairly insignificant].

8. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

On judgement day when the Lord denisd those who have denied him there will be a great wailing from those who were so "smart", "sophisticated" and "enlightened".

Merry Christmas to all men of good will. May the new year find us all safe and prosperous.

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Although I don't consider myself a good christian, I do believe. I can not imagine why Hipshot or anyone else would be so full of spite, that they purposely smear or insult anything that someone believes in. I don't feel sorry for you anymore, but I do wonder why you have to go out of way to be so insulting.

It is easy while hiding behind a fake name.

John Rosebrock

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Except for a few "bible thumpers" now and then rubbing everyone the wrong way, I don't see a comparison to the insults or comments previously made. Most, but not all "Christians" know what Christmas is, how it became what it is today, and why they celebrate it. It is everyone's free choice as to what it represents, and it should be left at that.

Now... do I use 8 1/2's or 8's on my first shot on doubles?

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I can sum this up in four words: "So what?" & "Who cares?".

I might add three more: "Get a life."

12. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

I'm with Brian....go piss in somebody else's Cheerios....Merry Christmas!!!!

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Grammie, Christmas isn't about dates and origins. It's about what people do on Christmas. For a classic example, go read the post titled "The Christmas Rifle". It speaks much more about Christmas than what you wrote.

14. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

You probably think you are telling us things we never heard about. Most of us have heard some of it or all of it before, we also know the exact date of Jesus birtday is not known but, none of that matters anyway. What matters is Jesus Christ is alive today and I know of His life transforming power. I as a christian chose to celebrate His birth on Dec 25th. Merry Christmas to all.
    Mike Pracht.

15. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Fish on!!! Ben

16. phirel

phirel TS Member

When He was born is not an important question, but I will now ask one that is important. If He were born again next year, how many of us would recognize that it happened?

Pat Ireland

17. microbrew44

microbrew44 TS Member

Grammie, you forgot that christmas was banned in the 13 original colonies. They burned witches back then and hated anything pagan.

18. Pukey Stagg

Pukey Stagg TS Member

We go through this every Christmas with you, Grammie. Why does it bother you so much that people want to believe in Jesus as the Savior? You don't have to believe but why don't you allow others to make up their own mind? Don't we have the same freedoms as you do? Someone on this site(I forgot who) asked you last year at this time that since you obviously do not believe in God, then what DO you believe in. A man has to believe in something. I remember you never did answer that question.

And hipshot, you like to give people a bad time about this too. I don't badger you about NOT believing. Why don't you allow us the same freedom to believe as we want. Please tell me what you DO believe in.

P Stagg

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Emporer Constantine, 4th Century A. D., what a jerk. Invented a fusion of christian faith and pagan beliefs and crammed it down the people's throats.

Also took the time to throw out about 70 percent of the original Scriptures.

But the Spirit of Giving and helping your fellow man is admirable, no matter what time of year it's observed.

And if you need a special holiday to practice your faith, you're in trouble.

HM

20. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I'd just like to know what Grammie does with the rest of his time not devoted to hating every thing and every one???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.