1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Graft and Sons selling powder

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by billn, Aug 11, 2013.

1. billn

billn Member

Saturday 10th, not sure if this is the correct place to enter this or not?

I was at the Grand and wanted to buy two bottles of 8 pounds of powder from Graft and Sons,

I was told that you had to buy a case of wads or 5000 primers before they would sell you 8 pounds of powder.

I though this was somewhat of a rip off from a company that used to be a good place to get good prices for all your reloading requirements.

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

billn, they were at the Iowa State shoot a week or so ago, and that is the way they did business there too.

I don't know if it is unethical or not, but it certainly isn't the way I like to do business.

Hauxfan!

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Let's see now... No one buying wads because they cannot get powder... and so when they do get some powder they need to reduce that wad inventory... Sounds like a practical scheme to me. I'm kinda guessing you bought your wads elsewhere in 5000 qty or like the rest of us that owns what seems to be half a plastic factory.

4. hera200

hera200 Member

What powders were they selling and what were the approximate prices? Was anyone else selling powder? THANKS....BUD

5. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

I was told that they were doing this to make what powder they have last.

As we all know some people would buy all the powder and resell it at a lot higher price I guess this stops hoarding

Simple have your wife or a couple of friends go and buy powder and wads and powder and primers or go back yourself later in the day.

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Its not a marketing scheme to sell product but rather deterrent to prevent hoarding.

7. Bigcat

Bigcat Active Member

Sounds like a douche bag move to me...just my $.02 John

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Buy it while you can, the end is near. HMB

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There is not law against marketing as of yet, if thats how they do it so be it ... I get all my powder, wads, primers, shot all in individual box's of 25 each ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I hafta question this powder hoarding being the true problem. Folks, recalling what the powder shelves looked like in recent memory, how could a few hoard that much powder?

I can't wrap my mind around this hoarding as the only problem? Hell, the middleman suppliers (wholesalers) can't get it either for petes sakes!! When they do, it's only a small portion or their prior orders?? If they can't get access to powder, who's buying it all from the manufacturers?? SAD state for the working class shooter and I see no end in sight.

SO,it is understandable when a supplier gets his hands on a few jugs, he'd want everyone to have a shot at some instead of one pig!!

HAP

11. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i would almost wager it is the big 3 shellmakers that is buying & hoarding powder primers & shot.

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

HMB may be right. Click on the link. Any of you libs want to snopes this?

Bob Falfa

13. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

Bob - With the misspelling and generally poor bureaucratese, I'm calling bullshit on this one.

Right off the bat, to the left of the UN crest, it says "Nations Unies", where the proper French usage would be " Les Nations Unis". I also don't believe that French is in use on UN letterhead, especially prior to English. For this alone, I believe the posted letter to be a fake. Also, it is too short to be a position paper, or even a reduction to talking points. When has ANY bureaucracy ever laid out a position in such clear and concise a manner?

I have no doubt that there is a UN group working along these lines, but until some provenance is provided for the letter in your post, I can't believe it.

14. deadnout

deadnout Member

well these words im typing are straight from mike graf. I was at the grand sat. ive known mike for 38 yrs now and he is as honest as they come. I asked him how much a jug of 20/28 was. he told 124.00 but I had to buy 5000 wads. I dont need the powder and was just checking the price. I bought 5000 wads cause I needed them. i asked why the piggy back sale. he stated that if didn't do it this way that 2 or 3 or however many could clean him out of powder in no time. then if somebody that really needed it he wouldn't have it to sell. in my humble opinion I think mike is trying to be fair with everybody. so before ya"ll go throwing rocks-stop and think of how you would handle the situation if you were in his shoes. thanks rich franzer sr

15. johnboy

johnboy Member

Was it Graft & Son, Mike Graft ( tent vendor ) or both tying additional purchases with power purchases? Mike Graft is related to Graft & Son but has his own business. I do know Mike was tying wads to power purchases.

Several years ago Mike Graft was the only vendor who had the power I needed but I was out of cash and he did not take cards. I pulled out the limit from the club house ATM and Mike let me leave owing $150 which was put in the mail the next day.

16. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

The tricky part of the whole equation is are the primers or the wads the ones that a person uses or are you stuck with a brand you don't use?

17. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Bitch, bitch bitch ... that's al some A-holes do!

Graff & Son is trying to be fair to the majority by tying powder and primers or wads to powder sales ... because Gar-on-teed there will be some that buy up all he has and sell them back at their club for a good profit!

If you don't like their deal ... just go to your local store and buy some!

Some people would bitch even if you hung them with a new rope!

18. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

It's "Graf & Sons" and "Mike Graf" not Graft or Graff. I too was disappointed in the shortage of powder and Graf's wad purchase requirement.

Just Say'n...........

19. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

With that "rule" Graf's would be my LAST place to make a purchase.

GS

20. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

There are laws governing tie in, wrap around and bundling sales. There are no laws that limit the amount purchased, i.e. Wally World limiting ammo purchases to a three box limit, this is the method they use to prevent hoarding and seems to be in the best interest of their customers.

Surfer

Search tags for this page
graft and son
graft&son

grafts and sons

my graft son