1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gracoil vs RAD

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ScottEslick, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScottEslick

ScottEslick Member

Hi Folks,

Looking to get a one or the other installed in my BT-99, what is your opinions on each, I will be getting the ones with LOP adjustments.

Thanks, Scott

Is it Summer Yet?

2. hopper810

hopper810 Member

This one gets a lot of good comments as well,speedbump stockworks

www.kenruckerproducts.com

3. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Thanks, Hopper!! The link to the website with all the info is above.

Ken

4. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

I recently decided to have a RAD installed instead of the Gracoil locally because the RAD appears stronger, lighter, and slightly less expensive. Look at examples of each, then decide. I opted for the RAD I (no LOP adjustment) because it is lighter - if I want to change LOP for summer/winter, I can opt for thinner/thicker recoil pad. The last thing I want is another adjustment to fiddle with. I know the Bumpbuster gets good reviews and would have considered one, but did not want to go through the hassle, expense, and potential problems with shipping my gun across the country. The local stock man indicated he installs far more RAD systems than Gracoil. Regards, Ed

5. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

The new RAD with LOP and pad adjustment is absolutely top drawer. Great design and very well executed. Very, very simple to adjust either LOP or pad. I was considering both and selected the RAD...glad I got it. As for installation, consider Rod Stumbo (Rods Custom Stocks). His work is superior,he will treat you very fairly and get the work done promptly.

WNCRob

6. 257 ackley

257 ackley Member

I have had both of them. They both work very well, but the RAD is far easier to adjust and maintenance. Go with the RAD......

Shawn

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Scott,

This topic has been discussed here at length on one or more occasion. You can find a lot of in depth comments about all the recoil systems available.

As for my money, I'd just ship my stock to Ken Rucker. You won't find better work, or recoil system, anywhere.

BTW, Are you related to the Eslick boys that motorcycle race?

ss

8. ultramag338

ultramag338 Member

Is there anything else but a Bumpbuster? Ken is a great guy his product second to none. Check it out. My 2 cents. Corey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gracoil review

gracoil vs rad

gracoil vs rad bumpbuster
rad vs gracoil