1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gracoil Users Opinions Wanted

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kdl243, Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdl243

kdl243 TS Member

For Gracoil recoil reducer users what do you think about them? Are they effective? Also does the movement rub your face?

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I like mine a lot and no problems of any kind.

3. K-80 GUY

K-80 GUY TS Member

I HAVE 3. NO PROBLEMS. LIFETIME WARRANTY.

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have one on a TM-1 and it works great, no issues what so ever ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Had an adjustable LOP on my KX-5 - worked great.

Had a non-adjustable on my Browning Special Trap - worked great.

FRedmon

6. ESMDHokie

ESMDHokie TS Member

works great. I don't need the less recoil but I use the l.o.p. adjuster and shooting ATA the reducer helps none the less.

7. mastiff711

mastiff711 Member

Have one on my KX-5 and love it! Has the adj LOP and no problems whatsoever.

Stacey

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I have one on my Citori XS that I use for doubles. It works really well to reduce the recoil.

9. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Excellent company and product. Fast turn-a-round time. Dave T.

10. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

When you install the Gracoil with the adj. LOP what's the basis for cutting the stock?

11. mastiff711

mastiff711 Member

I'm unsure on that. Phil's Gunsmithing installed mine while I was at the TN State Shoot. He had me mount the gun and he measured to see how much to cut off.

12. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

I have heard the gracoil needs no maintenance (uses springs not hydraulics) and can be adjusted without disassembly from the gun; on the other hand, the RAD system uses hydraulics and needs maintenance and adjustments are not as easily accomplished as Gracoil. What is the straight scoop? I have been leaning toward the Gracoil...comments? Best Regards, Ed

13. cafowler

cafowler Member

I bought one but couldn't find anyone locally to install it. I know Gracoil will do the install, but I didn't want to send them my gun.

I went with the BumpBuster by Speedbump stock works. He let me shoot his gun with the BumpBuster installed 1st and initially it feels a bit wierd, but I got used to it in about 2 days at Nationals. I think it is the best $300 or so I've ever spent. At 1st it kind of felt like the gun was falling apart, best way I know to describe it. Now, I don't even notice the slight collapse. I sure do when I go to shoot someone else's gun though. I shot about 1,300 rounds in 5 days at Nationals and by Sunday afternoon it felt like the shoot was just starting. The year before, I was dreading every pull of the trigger by Sunday afternoon at closer to 1,000 rounds over 4 days shooting.

If you haven't, make sure you have your gun fit when you install the unit. You can install a recoil reducer and still have problems if your gun doesn't fit you. I know a lot of guys in Texas put a lot of faith in Speedbump for fitting and his reducer.

14. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

I had a Gracoil put on a Browning XT;missed more targets and it actually bothered my shoulder more than my old non-Gracoil Citori.Sold it,new owner loves it,ran a 98 first week he had it.

15. Ultra Man

Ultra Man Member

I have two, one on a Ultra XT and one on a Cynergy Un-single. Simple to adjust works great, no problems. At first I did notice the cheek movement but it didn't bother me, now I don't notice it at all.

16. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

had 2 of them they work great.....you have to cut a little over an inch off the stock, you also should buy the fixture and bit to drill the stock if you are going to install your self.....

tony

17. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I HAD one and didn't like it, I'd never get another one. A correctly fitting stock is more effective. Yes, the movement rubs your face.

John C. Saubak

18. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have 2 and they work just fine. I would buy a GraCoil again. John

19. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Ditto what John says.

20. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I use them and like them but as one poster already said they will rub your face if not adjusted correctly. Adjust the gracoil to about the stiffest you can get and use it that way. If your gun bucks up as well as back the gracoil will not make a big difference. You will still get the bump under the eye. Best bet is to get the gun fit to you and go from there. I know it's extra money but it's worth it. There are gun fitters at all the major shoots. You will not be sorry. Good luck with it. Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.