1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gracoil Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hooked, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hooked

Hooked Member

Hi all,

A friend of mine was thinking of installing a Gracoil unit on his gun. If he wanted to maintain the orignal LOP, how much would he have to shorten the orginal stock?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

2. Hooked

Hooked Member

Thanks Shawn,

I believe that he will be installing the recoil unit with adjustable LOP (GC15LP). Pad thickness will probably be in the 1" range if he is going to reuse the factory pad.

Brian

3. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Both Gracoil reducers add a minimum of 1" themselves.....I try to use either a 1/2" or 3/4" pad when installing them. ANY of the reducers are more consistent with a thinner pad......a thick pad deforms more at the instant of the shot and causes more variation in the action of the reducer.

Ken Rucker...Speedbump Stockworks

4. teleskier

teleskier Member

Ken

When you have a chance, call me. Kel shot her Gracoil last night for the first time but she needs a thinner pad put on it. It has some behemeth TrapDude pad on it now that does not even fit the plate right. A padded comb may be nice for her too. Thanks again..Mike P.S. Your plate that you put on my RAD2 worked fantastic. The extra drop was nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.