1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gracoil or RAD2?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by perazziboy1, Aug 5, 2013.

1. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

Which is a better unit? Need LOP and butt plate adjustment on an MX15. I am not familiar with either unit. Any pro's or con's on either? Thanks Steve Wolf

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I have both and much prefer the RAD II. Very easy LOP adjustment as well as recoil dampening adjustment. That said, my Gracoil w/LOP adjustment works as advertised.

3. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

I have had both and would pick the Gracoil over the RAD even though the buttplate adjustment takes a bit longer to do. I had constant problems with the LOP set screws coming loose on the RAD.

4. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

RAD2 no doubt about it, I have 3 and have had no problems what so ever. Woody

5. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

yakimaman,

2 set screws per hole and they won't back out, ever.

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Yep, mine have the double set screws and have never backed out.

7. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

My vote would be for the BumpBuster, another good recoil suppressor.

Hauxfan!

8. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure there arent any hidden problems that creep up in either unit after they get used awhile. Steve

9. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Gracoil all the way.I had a RAD II and hated it. Had to carry a tool box with me for the different sizes I needed for adjustment. Not sure why they can't make the set screws all the same size like the gracoil and perhaps now they do but mine was a pain in the butt to adjust compared to my gracoil. I would never buy another RAD unit.

10. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

crab, good grief, you're a crab, two allen wrenches does not constitute a tool box.

11. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

I'm sure mine had more than 2 my friend....and my gracoil had only one. Perhaps I was sold a black market unit ? It said RAD II on the box but came with some allen wrenches and also a couple red T handle hex wrenches,and lots of paper instructions.

I was very happy when I sold it.

12. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

As Hauxfan said, I ask you to consider the Bump-Buster system. Similar lop adjustment to a Gracoil, better hydraulic dampening than a RAD and a far better pad adjuster than both of them.

Ken Rucker....Speedbump Stockworks

13. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Not true, crab. I have a Rad 2 and it came with two red handled allen wrenches.

The Rad 2a uses one allen wrench for the hydraulic cylinder and lop adjustment, one for the pad adjustment .

14. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Crab, if you had an lop adjustable Gracoil, it had 2......a 3/32 and a 7/64. Been that way since the beginning of time.......

Ken

15. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Ruck....it ( my gracoil ) did not have that feature,I stand corrected. But the RAD had more than the two red handled wrenches.It also came with a small pack of L shaped allen wrenches, or at least mine did.

Could it have been that someone sold me a RAD I, not a two but sent it in a RAD II box ? Did they come with more wrenches, I don't know. Maybe I got screwed big time,but I'm still glad its gone.

16. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Gracoil if you want to go the cheaper route. Bump buster if you want to spend a little more. Both work well with the edge to the bump buster. The Rad 2 is heavier

17. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

crab, the Rad 2 is adjustable for lop, the Rad 1 is not. The Rad 1 would have still come with only two wrenches.

cbxchris, the Rad 2 has been replaced by the Rad 2a. It's lighter than the 2. Don't know how that compares in weight to the Bumpbuster.

18. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Johnny,if thats the case,I had the RAD II,still not sure what the other pack of wrenches were for if you guys say they are not needed ?? It all came in the box together.

19. deadnout

deadnout Member

ive got the bump buster that came on my 1100 competion and it is sweet. the first time I shot a round of sporting clays(100 birds). I felt like I hadn't shot at all. rich

20. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

The 1100 Competition is equipped with our Auto-Buster . Our Bump-Buster is a different system. You can see both at my website above.

Ken Rucker....Speedbump Stockworks

Search tags for this page

dimensions of a gracoil

rad 2 recoil

rad2 recoil

rad2 shotgun recoil