1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gracoil or RAD ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by esoxhunter, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Lance: Go to the trapshooters.com home page. Click on the Rod's Custom stocks website. (He installs the RAD system). Also, don't discount Ken Rucker's Bumpbuster. I have heard a lot of good things about his recoil reducer. I recently shot a gun with a Gracoil and was not impressed. However, it is very possible the reducer was not adjusted properly for me. I opted to have Rod's Custom Stocks install a RAD on my gun. I don't think you can go wrong with the RAD or the Bumpbuster. Ed

2. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Ditto on RAD and Rod...top drawer on both.

WNCRob

3. Kimball

Kimball TS Member

The RAD and's workmanship get my vote! From experience!

Dick

4. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

keith heeg installed my rad.

5. myevh3

myevh3 TS Member

Do yourself a favor and have Carey Barron install a slick slide. Can't be beat for the price and worksmanship. I have one on my XT. I also have a paralized shoulder, therefore I don't have alot of padding in my shoulder. Used to get beatup after shooting 150 rounds. Now after I got the slick slide I could probable shoot several thousand rounds with not side effect. Simply amazing for the price about $500 includes adustable padded comb and an adjustable kick-eez pad. Just my opinion.

6. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I like the slide system and I think it has to have the nod as far as functionality goes but I don't like the idea of butchering up the stock on my $15,000 gun. They have to do a lot of cutting to install one. That makes me a little nervous on the resale end of it.

7. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

I had Tron put a RAD on my Beretta 682 - looks good, works good. Billy

8. Tony Fortino

Tony Fortino Member

eni meni mine mo...............etc

9. Caesar Trap

Caesar Trap Member

I have had a couple of guns with RAD system 2 installed them and I highly recommend one to anyone. One was installed by Rod Custom Stocks because of where I live and the other installed by Tom Larkin while shooting at the Spring Grand American; both people do great work. I imagine any of the companies/individuals mentioned above here do great work, it does put bread and butter on their dinner tables. Myself I choose the RAD system based on the functionality/adjustment capabilities. Nothing wrong with the Gracoil, both are great products.

10. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I prefer the counter-coil over all of the others.

11. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I prefer neither. I used to shoot all my guns with Gracoils, paid $150 each for them and did all the grinding and fitting and drilling myself. Then I found out my scores were very inconsistent using them. So I took them all off, sold them and use nothing but a thick Kick-eez pad now. Works great, no issues with recoil, no shoulder pain, and can shoot and shoot and shoot and my scores are more consistent because I bring the gun up the same every time. And the Kick-eez pad is way cheaper and easier to install.

Kevin

12. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I just received my 682 stock back from Rod's. (He installed a RAD) He did a great job. I will know more Saturday when I get to shoot it. I talked to Rod and he stated that although the Rad is more expensive; he feels it is a better unit. He states he installs many more Rads on shooters guns than the Gracoil system. I don't know. Will find out Saturday, weather permitting. Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.