1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gracoil or Rad ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lineman41, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lineman41

lineman41 TS Member

Hey guy's what is your thoughts on gracoil and Rad recoil system, Is one better than the other etc. Thanks Brett

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

RAD II hands down. Have one on my Beretta 682 and love it. I also have a Gracoil w/LOP Recoil system on a Browning BT99. It works fine but its not the quality of the RAD. IMO Rad has easier adjustments. Easliy removes for cleaning and oiling. Gracoil is slightly more difficult on both.

Matt

3. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Bump buster.

4. grntitan

I should have added that im sure there will be plenty of other options thrown at you too.

Matt

5. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Never owned or shot a gun with a gracoil on it but have owned two with rad ii and worked very well. Very happy with both.

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Used gracoils for along time and then last year just because I had one, we installed a rad two. Iam a rad man from here on in.

7. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

Its simple to remove-even a cave man could do it! Yes you remove the unit-loosen a set screw with an allen wrench and turn the dial,very easy. The 5 setting seems the best.

8. grntitan

The RAD removes very easily from the stock and is easy to return to your preset LOP and cant adjustment. It does require the unit be removed to set tension. This is the design that betters the Gracoil. IMHO

Matt

9. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

Got RAD II's on both trap guns. Love 'em
    Woody Sullivan

10. lineman41

lineman41 TS Member

Thanks for the replies guy's! Brett

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

You will find the gracoil spreads the recoil out over a longer period than a RAD or RAD II. Take a Gracoil and a RAD and compress them at a tight setting. The Gracoil travels twice the distance of the RAD before it bottoms out.

I have 2 RADII's and 2 Gracoils on guns I regularly shoot, and I have the RADIIs set next to max to keep them from compressing when I mount the gun. Not so with the gracoil.

12. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

If you believe that the more expensive an item is, the better then get the Rad. The gracoils do what they are designed to do an put 100 back in your pocket. Bruce

13. grntitan

The RAD II costs more because it is a better and easier to use system. It also has more adjustment. The Gracoil does reduce recoil as advertised.

Matt

14. flyfishdave

flyfishdave TS Member

Gracoil. It's simple and it works very well if adjusted properly. There's a reason why Gracoil has been on the market for a while.

Suffice it to say that I've removed my RAD II's, tossed them aside, ate a huge loss, and moved on to the Gracoils.

Dave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.