1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gracoil Installation Info Request

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Smithy47, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

I have purchased a Gracoil recoil reducer and want to know if anyone out there has put one on a Browning XT with factory adjustable comb. Installation instructions look straight forward but am wondering about what to do with the adjustment screw for the comb that is accessed from the back of the stock. I will need to cut the stock off about 7/8 inch and am wondering what I will cut into, if anything. Any advice on installing this is welcome. Thanks in advance. Bob

2. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Bob, You must measure to see how deep the adjusting screw is. I put one on with the same adjustment. I took it out and cut the other end off (the threaded end) and re-threaded it.
    Don

3. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

The best solution is to replace the factory comb hardware with the Graco replacement hardware. That eliminates both the screw and all the problems with Browning's junk hardware that you will have from now on.

Ken Rucker...Speedbump Stockworks

4. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

Thanks for the suggestions. Is there any other suggestions out there? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide before I start cutting. Bob

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

If you want to keep the original hardware, you may need to shorten the screw....maybe not. It depends on how much wood you cut off.

I've mounted and fitted the aluminum plate to the buttstock, then drilled a hole in the plate for the screw. You do not want the screw to extend out of the plate, so this is where it might need to be shortened.This works nice, because all you need to do for a comb adjustment is turn the pad out of the way.

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
graco adjustable comb installation

graco recoil reducer installation

gracoil instructions
gracoil recoil reducer installation
gracoil recoil reducer installation instructions
gracoil recoil reducer instruction for set up
installing a gracoil recoil reducer video
instructions for installing a gracoil