1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gracoil Any Way To Lock It Out?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bryce720, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

I just purchased a gun with a Gracoil. I had never shot a gun with this device until recently. I really don't like it way to much going on almost reminds me of when I used to shoot my semi-auto. I have the spring tightened all the way to the heavy side and it still bucks around even with light loads. Is there any way to lock the thing out so it doesn't move at all?? Thanks

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Might be an easier way, but I'd put washers around the piston which wouldn't allow it to collapse...

3. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I know that someone was working on a device for that. I want to say VDT on here but I can't be sure.

4. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I'm sorry that was for a PFS.

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

A simple bushing made of a short piece of PVC pipe..works perfectly for that..

6. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

Cool, thanks guys. They should have a way to lock it integrated into the device??? The washer and or bushing idea seems super easy. Thanks

7. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

Having shot them for years, I think your description of "what's going on" sounds like an issue with your mount/how your holding it or something is broken. Your description is not what most people who use one experience. Bruce

8. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Bryce, I have three guns with Gracoils, the one I shoot most has a Gracoil rifle spring which is much stiffer than th shotgun spring. For me this works very well keeping the movement to a min. You might call the plant and ask about
    this item.

Surfer

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Bryce: you said you have the spring adjusted all the way tight. I have found on my sons Gracoil if its tightened down too much its kinda punishing. Have you tried putting it on the medium setting? I know you said you don't care for it period but it might be a little easier on you.

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.