1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gracoil adjustment question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rodbuster, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the procedure for adjusting the recoil "tension" on Gracoil recoil reducer. I believe that you take off the pad mount, and use a 3/32" allen wrench, inserted in the round "post" that projects out of the mechanism. I am unsure as to which direction that you turn it, to reduce the recoil pressure. If someone could e-mail me a set of directions, that would be very helpful.

Thank you for your time, Rodbuster.

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

No, you don't take off the pad. You remove the pad and upper plate as an assembly with the 3/32" hex key (allen wrench), located on the right side, center and then insert the 3/32" and turn COUNTER clockwise to increase tension.

3. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Thank you Tron. How do you know when the tension is set correctly?

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

you don't want the unit to "bottom out" when you fire. It is better to have it a bit too tight, than too loose.

5. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

you will know when it is to loose if you pinches your neck. If you dont beleve me just ask my wife.(HICKY)
    Pete

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

iluv99s- Is it really possible to measure tension by lipstick marks?

Pat Ireland

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Pat, do you think he is measuring the felt recoil??? Bulge.

8. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Good One! Amen to that..

9. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Thank you gentlemen for the info. The advice by iluv99s makes a lot of sense, I will give that a try. I went to Downers Grove and tried it out today. Dan P. was there with his Gracoil equipped 90T, and he graciously volunteered to assist me with the Gracoil adjustment. He pulled out his allen wrench set, and a container of grease, and he had the unit set-up in no time! If it wasn't for the seasoned veterans in this sport, us newer shooters would really be stuck.

Many thanks, Rodbuster.

10. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Many thanks to 85TTR for the stickers! This sport is lucky to have great guys like him that will help out another shooter!

11. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a GraCoil on my BT-99 and XT. The best setting for less felt recoil for me was to have it set max hard.

I started in the middle and keep going harder and harder on till it felt good. I was suprized when it was at it's max. I also have a Kick EEZ recoil pad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

adjusting gracoil recoil reducer