1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Graco VS. Jones

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jfesi, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfesi

jfesi Member

May 22, 2010
    I'm sure that there is a thread about this already, but I could not find it with the search function.

I need to put a butt plate adjuster to get one of my guns to fit correctly. I do not need to change the LOP. I am leaning towards the units that you can not adjust through the pad. I want to get it fit and then not mess with it. I know my personality and if it was easy to tinker with I am sure that I would keep adjusting it if I shot some bad rounds.

The Graco unit looks better built from the pictures, and I can offset the 1/8" more extension in LOP with a thinner pad.

I am looking for opinions on both. I plan to install it on a SKB 85TSS.

Thanks, Joe
  2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    The Jones unit is well built and easy to adjust. HMB
  3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Aug 27, 2007
    West Central Florida
    I put a Graco on my TMX and have had no problems. I am very happy with it. If you would like a picture of it posted on this thread let me know. I don't work for Graco either. Bulge.
  4. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Graco, set it up and haven't touch it since! early model, had problem they fixed at no cost.
  5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    American Air Charter is in Missouri so you must shoot in cold weather as well as warm. You may find a through-the-pad adjustable to be a benefit as you change the amount of clothing you have to wear throughout the season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.