1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Graco recoil reduction

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nascarfan888, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nascarfan888

nascarfan888 TS Member

Hey Guys I have a graco recoil reduction system on my gun and have had the pad fitted for me but I still feel the recoil to be a bit to much. I can shoot really well the first day but the second day going into my 300 round my shoulder is sore and my scores are dropping. I have tried adjusting the spring but doesn't seem to help. So was thinking about getting Ken Ruckers speed bump system but don't know if that will be that much better. What do you guys think. oh I am shooting 12GA 2.3/4 dram and 1.1/8 oz and 8 shot

John

2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

One you can always go down to 1 oz loads or even 7/8 oz on the 16 yard.

Bryan

3. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

The problem is not the settings on the recoil reducer, it's the way the stock fits you. I've had two guns with Gracoil reducers on them, and in each case, once I modified the stock so that it fit me, I set the recoil mechanism to full stiffness, i.e., it doesn't move at all.

FWIW, I'm sorry I tried to solve the recoil problem with the reduction mechanism, because now I have all that weight and crap on the gun, and it wasn't really necessary.

Ted K.

4. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Try a K-gun---very little recoil---SJB---

5. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Try putting a thick Gooey Pad on it.
    Don

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Buy a PFS, and recoil will disappear.

7. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Try a K Gun, use a PFS.....Come on guys not everyone can afford a $10,000+ gun or $1000++ recoil device. Guys are killing me.

Bryan

8. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I have a GraCoil on a Beretta auto. Works fine. It takes the sharpness away.

I also have a G-Squared on another Beretta auto. It is much softer shooting than the GraCoil. It cost me $800 vs only $200 for the GraCoil.

Jim Skeel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

graco recoil reducer