1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Graco or Country Gentleman ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RichinPeoria, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichinPeoria

RichinPeoria TS Member

Good morning everyone,

I have been looking at Graco and Country Gentleman to install an adjustable comb and pad on my upcoming 1100 project.

Id appreciate any experiences or opinions that you'd like to share.

Rich

2. gunner x

gunner x TS Member

My choice would be Greg Hissem. His ad is in Trap and Field. Excellent.

Gunnerx

3. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Country Gentelman Todd's personal touch and willingness to always work with you after you purchase his product.

Ronbo

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I'll second Greg Hissem. He does outstanding work and gets it done when he says he will. Also, I really like the way his adjustable butt plate works. I have also seen several examples of the Country Gentleman's work. You are definitely safe going with one of the Nelsons or Hissem.

5. Pony Keg

Pony Keg TS Member

Aaron the Country Gentlemen has done my stcok work. He does a great job of stock cutting.

6. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Todd has done 4 guns for me, and he did a good job on all of them.

7. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Hi Rich,

Todd Nelson did the comb on my older BT-99.

He does excellent work. I needed my comb over to the right as much as possible (fat face) and Todd was able to do this along with smoothing out the edge where my cheek would come in contact with the stock.

I highly recommend Country Gentleman.

Dr. Honk

8. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

greg hissem is the only way to go, first class work

9. Ralph1100

Ralph1100 Member

Country Gentleman has done 3 stocks for me. Excellent work.

Ralph

10. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Here's my oppinion. Todd does good work and I consider him a friend. I have probably seen more of his work than most other people. It's first rate and no one ever complains.

I am a graco dealer and when I dont have the time to do combs I send my customers to Graco I have never had a complaint.

If your near Todd or at a shoot he is attending i would have him do the work.
    He will help you set up the stock. Todd will give you more personalized service.

If your not near Todd it wouldn't matter to me either way their both good.

No I don't need any comb work I'm too busy building and finishing Guns.

Joe

11. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

another plug for todd and the boys at country gentleman (men)...

Todd worked with my fit some at the Grand... nothing big, just some small tweaks. I shot slightly above average at the Grand, but no wins ---

here comes the fun part. I have shot 400 handicap since the Grand: 97, 96, 97, 96 from the 27 yard line. Before that, over the span of 3500 targets this target year, I had a grand total of 3 scores of 96 or above - two 97s and a 96. So, 2 1/2 honorary yards over 3500 targets and 3 honorary yards over 400 targets -- Todd does great work and I can safely say I owe those 4 scores to him.

John Voliva

12. Smac66

Smac66 TS Member

Well, I have both and without a doubt, I would go with Country Gentleman. Aaron and Todd have done outstanding work on two of my guns. One BIG knock on the Gracoil, and I have personally spoken with their customer support folks, is that if you need to move the pad down more than 1", you are SOL with the GraCoil LOP. I have email from them saying this is a design limitation. Anyway, in my opinion, the fit, finish, and functionality of the Country Gentleman's adj pad is outstanding....

13. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I bought my first pad adjuster from Jerry Nelson at The Cigar City Gun Club, it is # 13. I have NEVER had anything but exceptional service from Jerry, Todd or Aaron. I have had over 12 units installed. I believe they really care about their customers. I have had dealings with most of the gunsmiths over 45 years of shooting and if it is stock work and a Nelson is available he will get my business.

14. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I have had Todd, Aaron, Mr. Hisseman, Mr. Mark Deprez and others do this kind of work in the past without a single complaint.

My Kolar is a complete Todd Nelson job...their comb and butt plate hardware.

I will admit, however, that in recently setting up a k80 I went with the Dennis Devault large comb hardware (which like the Nelson's, uses jack screws and not plastic spacers) and a 100 straight adjustable butt pad. I was trying to keep weight and wood cutting down to a minimum and I found both of these products to be excellent with hardened steel where needed. I then had Mark Deprez install them (any stock guys can do this) and I'm very happy with the result.

http://www.100straight.com/products/index.htm

Bottom line, if I was at a shoot and Todd or Aaron were there, I wouldn't hesitate to give them my gun if I was looking to add adjustable hardware.

15. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

My friend jackie and I went to Cherokee Al. to have Todd install adj butt plates. It was a very enjoyable visit with quality work with a quality fellow.

Andy and Barney were out of town running a speed trap. So we just had lunch and a beer with Otis at the cafe !

ernie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

country gentleman adjustable butt plate

country gentleman adjustable combs
the country gentleman stockk works