1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Graco LOP Installation?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Trap2, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Has anyone had Gracoil do the installation of their LOP butt plate? If so, how did you like the work, how do you like the unit, and how long was the turn around time? Thanks..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

2. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Dan, I installed one (adjutable LOP only) on an 1100. It seems to be pretty sturdy and well made. If you can keep the adjustment in close they look pretty good but get to be strange looking as the adjustment is extended much beyond 1/2 to 3/4". To me it looks odd to see the recoil pad perched on the end of a single post. Marc

3. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

I had Graco put one into a gun and also had Ken Rucker put one in another gun. I also had one done by Al's Custom Gun Shop in Uxbridge, Ma. All three were great jobs....You'd never know there was work done on the stock. All 3 had the work done in less than a week!

4. checker

checker Member

I just got one back from powder coater today....I fitted the GRACO to buttstock then sent it off for powder coating ($15) Here final product on Perazzi S3O Gold stock, MX8 with 34" UnSingle bbl......bought a stock that was a bit short for me with 1 3/8" pad and 1/4" spacer....better now?? Bubba's Stockworks and Ditch Diggin' Biz

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Checker. Doesn't fit too well

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Dang that's pretty wood. I like the black.

7. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comments. I have decided to just have the stock cut and a new pad adjuster fitted to the gun rather than the LOP adjuster. I don't want to take 9/16" off the back of my stock to fit one. That's just too much wood to remove for me.... Dan

8. Tryin

Tryin TS Member

I shoot a XT-Combo. Instead of cutting my original stock, I found a spare to cut. Still have the original (with very pretty wood) intact.

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

The Graco pad with LOP adjustment works well. I would much rather have a stock that fits me rather than as stock that was in original condition. I never hesitate to cut a stock. The guns most of us shoot are not pieces of art, they are just tools. I would not cut an $85,000 Holland and Holland or an Ithaca Sousa Grade, but I would alter an off the shelf trap gun in any way that would help my shooting. I buy guns to shoot, I buy real estate to sell at a profit.

Pat Ireland

10. Tryin

Tryin TS Member

Pat:
    Excuse me! I did neglect to say that the replacement stock, (I feel) does fit me. I do realize that a XT-Combo is of lesser quality and a common gun, but if I decided to upgrade, I have not limited myself as to a market for it. For instance someone with a very short length of pull as myself. I have found that my shooting is not dependent upon the gun I shoot. More so on whether or not I keep my concentration level and head on the game or stock. When I do that, I shoot very well. Every bird I miss is because of me, not the gun.
    I do agree with you, as I also buy guns to shoot and perhaps because of my line of thinking, I too could buy the real estate as an investment!

11. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I also had a Graco LOP-adjustable butt plate installed by Al's Custom Shop in Uxbridge, Mass. (Hi, Yvonne!) He does excellent work, and the turn-around was three days. His number is 774-280-2750.

LA in MA

12. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Hi LA! Hope is well with you your club. I'm glad you provided Al's Tel #. I didn't have it near my computer. Al took my gun on a Thursday and had it ready on Friday for the Graco. I brought a GF of mine to have 2 guns cut and new recoil pads installed. Al fitted her, cut the guns and made the installation while the 2 of us went to lunch! He also fitted up another GF with her BT 99. Al's a good guy....specially to the ladies ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

adjustable buttplate for install

graco butt plate install

graco butt plate installation

gracoil adjustable recoil pad for trap gun for sale ireland

gracoil installation in california

gracoil lop butt plate with pad

how to install graco adjustable buttplate

how to install graco stock adjuster