1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

graciol LOP Vs. standard pros & cons & recoil pads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by superump, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superump

superump TS Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Hi, I want to put a graco gracoil recoil reduction system on my gun. I was planning on the GC15 LP but then remebered that I have the LOP on my BT99 and have never once adjusted the length of pull. So what are the pros and cons for getting the LOP (length of pull) or just the standard non lop. It looks like less stock might have to be cut off with the standard. Also where is a good place to get a recoil pad at a good price and what are your favorites? My BT99 has a browning pad but I have also had a kick eeze pad on an old BT99. Whats the best or other options of pads and wheres the best price on them. Looking for options and opinions, Thanks in advance.
  2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    IL(The gun friendly Southern Part)
    The LOP adjustment isn't needed if your not gonna be shooting in winter where you adjust it in for more clothing. Also don't need it if your an adult and thus not growing anymore. My 17 year olds BT99 is adjustable as he is still growing.

As for recoil pads you can't beat Kick EEZ. I like the Gooey pads too but they wear out much quicker do to the softer material. JM2Cents

Either way, your stock will have to be cut and you need to be fitted by someone who knows their stuff.

3. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Jun 28, 2010
    I had GRACO install adjustable buttpads on both my guns and like them very much. I put Pachmeyer pads on mine as I really liked the stock pad on my XT and found out that Pachmeyer is the same as a Browning factory pad. By the way, the people at Graco are great to work with. Very professional. Jack Farrow
  4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I like the LOP addition for shooting in various conditions and different seasons. But I like to tinker. May not be good for everyone especially if your new and can't leave things alone.

Kick Eez are a good pad but I also like Gooey. I've not had the problem with premature wearout like some. I believe part of this is do to them being more recognizable than others due to formation. But as to your question, most places due to cost of item are similar. You can try Gamaliel's, Midwest Gun Works, Cheaper Than Dirt for ones I can think of offhand.
  5. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

Dec 15, 2009
    I have a Pachmayr XLT on my BT-99 and I love it.

They are a relatively new pad.

Bought it at Gamaliel's. Best price, fastest shipping.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pros and cons of the rocker recoil pads

standard lop for browning bt99