1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Grabber 761 & Grabber 8567 - Whats the Difference

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by billyboy07208, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

the old grabber has old primer and crimp system.I use mine as a single stage,I just cant wrap my head around it long enough to not have a brain fart and spill shot and powder all over when using as intended.
    Cant beat 60 beans though!! remember to load only one brand of hull.

2. rmctaggart

rmctaggart TS Member

clean it up yourself and give it a try if you have any trouble send it to mec the will fix it like new for a good price and you will have a trouble free good loader. bob mctaggart

3. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

You will probably enjoy it more if you clean it up. You will probably have rust inside the crimping and final sizing dies, etc. Moving parts will want some lubrication. Ron

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Mine was made and bought in 1974 or 75. It cranked out a gizillion shells for me and now is working for a neighbor since I've gone inactive in the shooting. It still makes perfect shells and had very little maintenance. I did raise the platform using metal tubes and long bolts to mount the loader to a piece of plywood so I could move it out of the way when I wanted space. I'd consider sending it to MEC right away and have them return it to new for you and you can get a "how to operate" booklet too......breakemall

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

t7731, I agree with bdodd as well. Send it to Mec for a overhaul. Unless you really have lots of time on your hands and your really a mechanical type person who loves to tinker. Good Luck and Break em all. Jeff

6. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Hmmm....I prefer it to the 8567 (more plastic parts)....mine has been cranking them out for over 25 years.....

7. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

Heck the resizer will cost at least 50 if you had to buy it. So 50 was a bargin. Most of the parts that matter are the same as the 8567.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.